Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full marks for effort this teem but Fuzzy Beans must learn to talk less in class.
C minus

You are quite correct, I was useless at school, I learnt next to nothing apart from etiquette and manners, I was expelled from school and then thrown out of college!

From then on I decided I have finished having fun and from that day on I worked all hours god-send with the mind set of never letting the bastards get me down and whatever it takes, I will win and I will not borrow money in doing so.

This is why I so admire people who steadfastly will not be beaten such as Sutton & Brailsford and gaud help anyone who works for them who doesn't tow the line!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I watched it last night an catch up , win at all costs was the mantra . Were they successful did they achieve the goals ? I think history tells the story. Certainly the track team were at times invincible ! The dubiety is really around the road team of Sky.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh I don't know, I reckon he highlights a legitimate point of view widely held by many, and not just in cycling.
I often think those people are either:
1. Deluding themselves into thinking they're winning, the failed school-like everyone is a winner at something method, like how everything gets a Product of the Year award and they keep making up overlapping categories as long as gullible firms keep paying.
2. Depressed because they're not winning, as there's always someone better, unless you're...
3. Blazed

Dr Steve Peters would have a field day.

Slick

Guru
You are quite correct, I was useless at school, I learnt next to nothing apart from etiquette and manners, I was expelled from school and then thrown out of college!

From then on I decided I have finished having fun and from that day on I worked all hours god-send with the mind set of never letting the bastards get me down and whatever it takes, I will win and I will not borrow money in doing so.

This is why I so admire people who steadfastly will not be beaten such as Sutton & Brailsford and gaud help anyone who works for them who doesn't tow the line!!
Similar kind of background as myself and apparent attitude to working hours. It may explain the ability to accept the theory of hard work equals reward more readily than others.:okay:

Slick

Guru
I often think those people are either:
1. Deluding themselves into thinking they're winning, the failed school-like everyone is a winner at something method, like how everything gets a Product of the Year award and they keep making up overlapping categories as long as gullible firms keep paying.
2. Depressed because they're not winning, as there's always someone better, unless you're...
3. Blazed

Dr Steve Peters would have a field day.
I've probably missed something in this post, but they were hardly deluding themselves they were winning, they went from 14th to lots of golds. It was a measurable success rate as you are ever as likely to find.

I've probably missed something in this post, but they were hardly deluding themselves they were winning, they went from 14th to lots of golds. It was a measurable success rate as you are ever as likely to find.

EXACTLY, but there are the whimps in so many parts of education or employment these days who refuse to admit that we all can't be equals....................... and in my opinion, neither should we if we want to continue to produce true GREATS in sport or business!!

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
EXACTLY, but there are the whimps in so many parts of education or employment these days who refuse to admit that we all can't be equals....................... and in my opinion, neither should we if we want to continue to produce true GREATS in sport or business!!

Wiggins presumably being one of those wimps, who couldn't accept he wouldn't be equal to or as good as better stage race riders unless he got himself pumped full of rocket fuel PEDs, made fraudulent TUE applications, and became a lying cheating bullsh1tting arse that significant numbers of people are rapidly losing respect for.

How are you measuring greatness exactly?

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So are the ones who didn't win gold failures then, in that way of thinking?

So are the ones who didn't win gold failures then, in that way of thinking?
Everyone apart from the shouty people - harden up!

Top Bottom