Froome Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by KneesUp, 19 Jun 2019.

1. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

I see that various conspiracy theories are emerging re: Froome's crash. These seem to be fuelled by the pictures of Froome in hospital versus those of Phil Gaimon, who crashed the day after:-

Screenshot from 2019-06-19 15-18-22.png

This has led to people suggesting that he's secretly banned - or about to be - and the crash was staged to cover up the fact that he won't be at the TdF because of some sort of ban. People are seeing the proximity of the ambulance and the lack of footage of the accident as further circumstantial evidence.

more info on road.cc's live blog from yesterday.

Thoughts anyone? I SAID, THOUGHTS ANYONE? (You'll hear better if you take the tin-foil hat off)

2. dodgy

dodgy Guru

This evening I'm going for an MRI scan (seriously), I now realise it's a waste of time and I'd be better off taking a selfie and sending it to the doctor.

3. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Only thing I found strange was one of the reports said a fractured right elbow.....doesn’t appear to be any damage in the pic?

dave r likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

He's got a plaster on it :-)

Mo1959 likes this.
  5. Seevio

Seevio Über Member

Why is Phil Gaimon wearing a toga?

Illaveago and Bonefish Blues like this.
  6. Jody

Jody Veteran

I think Frome looks really good considering he lost 4 pints of blood and came off at 65kmh. No bruises or gravel rash in sight.

Illaveago and Lloss like this.
  7. Conspiracy theories are one of the worst intellectual vices.

Besides everyone knows Froome was injured when he was pushed down the steps of the Apollo 11 lunar module by Neil Armstrong during the first moon landing.

8. OP
    OP
    KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

He was on his way to a party.

Illaveago likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

Part of the problem with researching this to see what has been said and so on is that there are a lot of hits when you google "chris froome crash"

themosquitoking and Dogtrousers like this.
  10. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

The best comment I've seen is that that picture isn't actually Chris Froome at all. It's Jimmy Somerville earning some cash as a body double.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2019
  11. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

That's not true it was Boris Johnson barging past to get to the lunar bar that did that.

12. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

It could of course be his twin brother Simon in the photo

Illaveago and Surly Bruce like this.
  13. dodgy

dodgy Guru

He hit a wall, he didn't slide along the tarmac for 200 yards like Barry Sheene.

14. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

My Hero

Saluki and Illaveago like this.
  15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's called Morphine - it's ace in high quantities (I know).

Saluki, Illaveago, raleighnut and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice