Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
whilst I know that the tdf does get a lot of roadside support, that’s 23 days a year. It’s not quite football/rugby or - dare I say it - tennis
That's just a British perspective on cycle racing, there's the Giro and Vuelta too as 'Grand Tours' plus lots of smaller tours (even a couple in GB) not to mention the classics like Paris-Roubaix and the many Kermesse series worldwide.

There's even a race here in Leicester,

View: https://youtu.be/0Qe_DT2Mtto

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
leaving ineos at the end of the season, just announced on skysports news

Reactions: mjr

jowwy

He's a spent force in the peleton.........i cant see him winning another grand tour, with the likes of bernal, roglic, lopez, carapaz (spelling)

hes 35 now and his injuries last year will hurt him over a long 3wk tour

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He's a spent force in the peleton.........i cant see him winning another grand tour, with the likes of bernal, roglic, lopez, carapaz (spelling)

hes 35 now and his injuries last year will hurt him over a long 3wk tour
Well he's probably not going to win if his team won't back him, so if ISN will, it makes sense to move and cash in now while there's uncertainty, rather than stay and have Ineos effectively devalue his next contract by not supporting him even if he recovers to full power, doesn't it?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
What has he had 10 years there ? Not many stay at the top in a team that long.Been a great career there for him.But it's a tough sport.

jowwy

Well he's probably not going to win if his team won't back him, so if ISN will, it makes sense to move and cash in now while there's uncertainty, rather than stay and have Ineos effectively devalue his next contract by not supporting him even if he recovers to full power, doesn't it?
they didn't back bernal last year in the tour, they backed defending champion geraint thomas........but bernal still won

he obviously thinks he's still got at the top level, so yeh leave for another team and try and prove them wrong, but i don't think he will. He won't get the same comforts, kit and set-up at Israel that he get's at ineos, so we will see

mjr

No guarantee he'll get picked for the Tour is there ?
At Ingrid? No. At ISN? I can't see him signing a contract without something about that in it, can you?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
they didn't back bernal last year in the tour, they backed defending champion geraint thomas........but bernal still won

he obviously thinks he's still got at the top level, so yeh leave for another team and try and prove them wrong, but i don't think he will. He won't get the same comforts, kit and set-up at Israel that he get's at ineos, so we will see
I don't know there's plenty of money at Israel cycling I think.He could have a team built around him ? But there's no defying age...

jowwy

I don't know there's plenty of money at Israel cycling I think.He could have a team built around him ? But there's no defying age...
a team built around him yes, but its all the other stuff at ineos/sky.........their riders are given everything they need to become the best. sheesh they even tried to give richie porte a fully fitted camper to sleep in during the giro, instead of sleeping at different hotels throughout the tour. so he had the same bed, bedding, pillows etc etc every night and his own chef cooking his meals.........its those things that help make a champion at the highest level

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
a team built around him yes, but its all the other stuff at ineos/sky.........their riders are given everything they need to become the best. sheesh they even tried to give richie porte a fully fitted camper to sleep in during the giro, instead of sleeping at different hotels throughout the tour. so he had the same bed, bedding, pillows etc etc every night and his own chef cooking his meals.........its those things that help make a champion at the highest level
I get what your saying and there good/ruthless at what they do.But having a lot of the best riders in the world helps.Can I see Froome winning another Tour at another team...probally not.But I wouldn't rule him out totally.
As for the camper for Porte at the Giro...feck you'd need to give that lad a lot more to win a grand tour.^_^

jowwy

I get what your saying and there good/ruthless at what they do.But having a lot of the best riders in the world helps.Can I see Froome winning another Tour at another team...probally not.But I wouldn't rule him out totally.
As for the camper for Porte at the Giro...feck you'd need to give that lad a lot more to win a grand tour.^_^
which with porte turned out to be an expensive project that didn't work out, great as a number 2........but not a leader as you can see at BMC since he left

mjr

a team built around him yes, but its all the other stuff at ineos/sky.........their riders are given everything they need to become the best.
Who knows? Froome and all his knowledge about who to hire and what to do might be just the sort of thing to take ISN to that level. It could give them a real shot in the arris ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom