Froome v Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is Froome sitting at home in a large leather armchair, with an evil glint in his eye, stroking a cat...?
He'd better be careful what he wishes for. He might just get it.....

Slaav

Guru
Is Froome sitting at home in a large leather armchair, with an evil glint in his eye, stroking a cat...?

Looking at how DB seems to operate - i.e. cold, calculating and exact, I would imagine that he has already worked out or thought about how this is all affecting Froome. As it seems quite obvious that it is a little Froome vs Wiggo at Sky (but still a genuine team) this whole debacle could be used massively to motivate Froome. I can just imagine it now; "Guarantee me you won't mess up like this and give it 100% at ALL times" etc.

That may seem a bit harsh on Wiggo and that other chap's tail slide under breaking yesterday was truly scary.... BUT, Wiggo as a genuine GC chappie surely knows that he simply has to push a little harder under adversity?

His book makes great reading and the chap quoted in the book is not the same chap post crash yesterday. Last year, Wiggo seemed to be all about 'sh1t happens in bike racing so just get on with it' whereas yesterday was along the lines of 'FFS, this is proper sh1te!'

Mentally, one hell of a difference and the whole concept of races (and GC) being won in the head and not really on the road seems oh so true.

Hopefully, last year's (from the book) Wiggo turns up shortly on the start of the TT :smile:

Are we about to see the true state of Wiggo's body and mind??? We will know an awful lot more in a few hours - I cannot wait!!!!!

:smile:

Yeah, and Contador's at home entertaining chums at a barbecue in his back garden, bermuda shorts, Ray Bans, cheesy pistolero gestures to impress the senoritas by the pool, and some interesting steaks sizzling on the griddle...

Top Bottom