Frozen waffles in the airfryer....anyone done them ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The box has no reference to airfryers. Mr Google tells me 8 minutes with no need to turn them.
Any experience on here ?
Edit
I woke up fancying waffles, fried eggs and sausage.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Anything in the air fryer, I just set to 200c and check it regularly. Or if it states an oven cook time then I go with 30% less

Tenkaykev

Guru
Anything in the air fryer, I just set to 200c and check it regularly. Or if it states an oven cook time then I go with 30% less

I'm a " 180 " man myself 😀. Agree about knocking the timer back a bit. I have noticed that some frozen food items now have " Air Fryer " instructions.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm a " 180 " man myself 😀. Agree about knocking the timer back a bit. I have noticed that some frozen food items now have " Air Fryer " instructions.

I bung things like bacon or sausage in at 200. Eggs are at 150.
Happy to do the waffles at 200 but wonder if any have tried them.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The box has no reference to airfryers. Mr Google tells me 8 minutes with no need to turn them.
Any experience on here ?
Edit
I woke up fancying waffles, fried eggs and sausage.

Had that very thing yesterday morning with bacon and eggs. Two of Cap'n Bird's Eye's finest potato waffles into the air fryer at 200C for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. Come out much better than grilling. As others have said just bung them in at 180 or 200 and keep an eye on them!

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Had that very thing yesterday morning with bacon and eggs. Two of Cap'n Bird's Eye's finest potato waffles into the air fryer at 200C for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. Come out much better than grilling. As others have said just bung them in at 180 or 200 and keep an eye on them!

Damn you ! The "Bird's Eye potato waffles are waffly versatile" jingle is now going to be stuck in head all day !

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just chuck 'em in the toaster?

Nay, nay and thrice nay.

cheys03

Veteran
I can’t help with instructions better than already given, but here just to add that potato waffles cooked in an airfryer might be the pinnacle of waffle eating. The ‘crust’ gets a lovely, deep crunch.

all subjective of course but works for me

Tenkaykev

Guru
I can’t help with instructions better than already given, but here just to add that potato waffles cooked in an airfryer might be the pinnacle of waffle eating. The ‘crust’ gets a lovely, deep crunch.

all subjective of course but works for me

Really handy for a quick game of " Battleship " so very versatile👍

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The answer is A LOT....I really enjoyed the.
I think I'll pass Dave, knowing Captain Bird's Eye. I remember eating gaufre in Belgium and they were rather nice but were made from dough rather than processed potatoes.

Screenshot_20240225-193847.png

I'm surprised at @Brandane ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom