Frozen bacon in air fryer.....worked well.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
through sheer laziness i tried microwaving a couple of slices of bacon the other day. It didn't go well.

through sheer laziness i tried microwaving a couple of slices of bacon the other day. It didn't go well.

When I first bought a microwave it came with a special "plate" for cooking things like bacon

I believe that it was supposed to get very hot and brown the meat - which cooked the bacon better

never tried it and it is lost in several house moves since - but I was under th eimpression that this was the accepted way of cooking bacon in a microwave

Dadam

I have a plastic "bacon crisper" for the microwave. It has ridges to stop the bacon sitting in liquid, and a clear lid to stop spitting. It works really well. Depends on the cure and thickness but for the smoked back bacon we usually have, 2 mins at full power gives good results, browned and crispy round the edges. It's not quite as good as pan fried but for a quick brekkie it's fine.

I can't imagine 1 min would be very nice but I like bacon well done. Before this gizmo I'd just put it on a plate with a sheet of kitchen paper on top to catch the spits. That worked ok too but often needed extra time to crisp.

Dadam

Thank God for the modern world. Whatever did we do before 'bacon crispers' and many other 'useful' inventions.

It's a very useful invention. What did we do? We just took longer to cook bacon of course. Or in my case didn't bother as I don't want to spend that time in the morning and just had toast. Now I can do acceptable bacon in 2 mins and the crisper goes in the dishwasher so I don't have a pan to wash.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'll stick to either pan frying or grilling in the future. It gives me the results i expect

I think we need to build an extension to the Kitchen
We simply do not have enough counter top space for all the Essential gadgets

We seem to need an air fryer, a rice cooker, at least 2 types of coffee maker
and a computer plus screen in order to be able to watch how to make things

and probably some other essentials I have missed out on

Should I start a GoFundMe page???

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We seem to need an air fryer, a rice cooker, at least 2 types of coffee maker
Don't have an air fryer (yet), but I would like one, don't need a rice cooker, one coffee maker is enough (I've got a Mocha for espresso), but I need, use, own:
a juicer, a catering size jug blender, a food processor, a soda stream machine, a chocolate melting/tempering gizmo, a slow cooker, a handheld blender, a handheld electric whisk, a dough mixer, a meat grinder/sausage maker. ^_^

Top Bottom