Poached egg in air fryer......success!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Been tempted to try this but today I picked up the courage.
Need to tweek it but it was a good result.
Ramekin (greased with butter)
Small amount of boiled water
Put egg in
8 minutes......needed another 2 to suit my taste.

vickster

Legendary Member
Been tempted to try this but today I picked up the courage.
Need to tweek it but it was a good result.
Ramekin (greased with butter)
Small amount of boiled water
Put egg in
8 minutes......needed another 2 to suit my taste.

how is that easier than a saucepan or better an egg poacher?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Never used a egg poacher.
Nothing to clean up afterwards......just wipe out the ramekin. Worked for me but I'm not saying there aren't better methods.

Sometimes it's the challenge of trying a different method to see if it works that's interesting. Hence my successful attempt at cooking Barm Brack in our Tefal Air Fryer. It looked unconventional due to the shape of the pan but it tasted 👍

The cake is about 10" diameter with the hole in the middle being just over 1". Some sort of cake decoration ( or a shot glass full of Brandy ) would sit nicely in the hole 🥃

IMG_4076.JPG

Actually got moaned at today

We were grandkid sitting - 2 were off school and one was finishing early because it was their last day

Their Mum works in a Hotel in the middle of Liverpool so would be late home due to busses and traffic

anyway - when she had been waiting for over 30 minutes for the bus ( they are supposed to come every 15!) she rang and asked us to make the kids tea (dinner for the posh)

So we did the sausages, frozen chips, pizza in the oven and potaotoes and carrots on the stove

it was a disaster - nothing was ready on time as - I suspect - the oven seal has broken and so the temperature gradient is massive

when she came home it turns out that they very seldom use it and use the air fryer - but I have not had one for ages and didn;t know how their's works

anyway - apparently we should have just used the ari fryer and put it on for 10 minutes for everything

still not sure what buttons to press on their one - mine just had one button and a dial - theits seems to have about 20 buttons!!!

stephec

Legendary Member
Eight minutes, surely it must have been solid rubber?

I'll do sausages in the air fryer for eleven minutes, with four minutes to go I toast two pieces of bread and stick two eggs in a pan of boiling water to poach.

richardfm

Veteran
Sausages and pizza? Frozen chips and potaotoes? And carrots?

You didn't make it easy for yourself. Surely it should have been sausages or pizza and chips or potatoes.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sausages and pizza? Frozen chips and potaotoes? And carrots?

You didn't make it easy for yourself. Surely it should have been sausages or pizza and chips or potatoes.

I have two children and frequently have to make three separate meals.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have two children and frequently have to make three separate meals.

When I were a lad and for our kids it was always a case of "you get what you're given".
OK there were/are certain foods that individuals can't stand eg my daughter has never been able to eat mushrooms but apart from that we ate what was on the plate.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Eight minutes, surely it must have been solid rubber?

I'll do sausages in the air fryer for eleven minutes, with four minutes to go I toast two pieces of bread and stick two eggs in a pan of boiling water to poach.

No.....it was very successful.
I assume its because it has to heat the ramekin and the water as well as the egg.

Tenkaykev

Guru
No.....it was very successful.
I assume its because it has to heat the ramekin and the water as well as the egg.

On a related note, when I pre heat the cup in the microwave for Mrs Tkk's morning coffee ( yes, I'm a bit of a saint aren't I ), I find a quick swill of the cup with water causes the cup to get hotter more rapidly as the microwave has something to heat up.

Top Bottom