Poached egg in air fryer......success!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

When I were a lad and for our kids it was always a case of "you get what you're given".
OK there were/are certain foods that individuals can't stand eg my daughter has never been able to eat mushrooms but apart from that we ate what was on the plate.

That was the same for me as a kid. Totally counterproductive. It gave me hang ups about food that took decades to get over. I was 30 before I‘d touch any veg, and now I’ll eat most of it. Except peas, even the smell of them cooking makes me lose any appetite. Apparently i spat them out when I was a baby!

Anyway I swore I wouldn’t subject my kids to that and I haven’t, and they’ve turned out fine. Quite adventurous if anything, even no. 2 son who has sensory issues.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
That was the same for me as a kid. Totally counterproductive. It gave me hang ups about food that took decades to get over. I was 30 before I‘d touch any veg, and now I’ll eat most of it. Except peas, even the smell of them cooking makes me lose any appetite. Apparently i spat them out when I was a baby!

Anyway I swore I wouldn’t subject my kids to that and I haven’t, and they’ve turned out fine. Quite adventurous if anything, even no. 2 son who has sensory issues.

Opposite result for me......very little that I won't eat.
We are all different thank goodness

richardfm

Veteran
Same here today, we didn't use the air fryer at all, you could say that it was making me go, 'cold turkey.'

Our air fryer got used for some snacks in the evening. The pressure cooker was used to heat the Christmas Pudding.* Everything else was done in a conventional oven.

It's a ninja thing so the pressure cooker and the air fryer is the same machine.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Used the Air Fryer to cook the parsnips / roasties and they were a huge success. Spritzed them with oil and they came out perfectly.

Emanresu

Next up - Dave cooks a whole turkey in an air fryer!!

Not a turkey but a chicken. Just been given one of these for Xmas. Not sure what it says about my cooking skills. Off to try those poached eggs as I can never get them right.

10254605_001.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Perhaps @Dave7 could initiate a " Air Fryer Challenge " for the most exotic dish ( successfully) cooked in an air fryer 🤔

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
a fresh egg cracked into steaming shallow water takes about 5 mins to poach perfectly... so i won't be rushing out to buy an airfryer.

I don't think people buy airfryers just to poach eggs.... that simply highlights their versatility.
Plus.....there is no messy pan to clean.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
hot water and a bit of egg white is hardly a messy pan... it literally rinses clean. Are you confusing poached and scrambled?

Not at all. With pan poached eggs my experience is that the white spreads out and clings to the pan. Airfried keeps it very compact. The ramekin still needs cleaning but imo it's a lot easier.
As I say....it is only my opinion.

Top Bottom