Poached egg in air fryer......success!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
Why would I do that? I don't want my kids to go hungry.

Because you don't want to them to be brought up as fussy eaters, they need to understand that they are not in a restaurant where they can choose from a menu and you have better things to do than cook separate meals for each child.

They won't be hungry for long. They will soon learn to eat what they are given.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Because you don't want to them to be brought up as fussy eaters, they need to understand that they are not in a restaurant where they can choose from a menu and you have better things to do than cook separate meals for each child.

They won't be hungry for long. They will soon learn to eat what they are given.

I don't have better things to do than care for my children.

@winjim i can emphasise with you, one of my children is a bit fussy.

If he doesn’t like the food he isn’t eating it. We’ve tried the like it or go hungry approach and he’ll take the go hungry approach. We’ve tried the your not leaving the table approach too and still been sat there 2hours later.

It’s just easier all round to make something they all like as the arguments, strops etc are not worth the hassle.

winjim

Smash the cistern
@winjim i can emphasise with you, one of my children is a bit fussy.

If he doesn’t like the food he isn’t eating it. We’ve tried the like it or go hungry approach and he’ll take the go hungry approach. We’ve tried the your not leaving the table approach too and still been sat there 2hours later.

It’s just easier all round to make something they all like as the arguments, strops etc are not worth the hassle.

As a grown adult I'm not going to eat food I don't like, so I don't see why we should demand it of our children.

Plus of course as with your kid, anyone advocating a different approach doesn't know my circumstances, hasn't met my kids and would likely not last a week with them before being driven to absolute despair.

Anyway, preparing separate meals isn't all that difficult, we do have an air fryer after all.

richardfm

Veteran
Hate to see the state his toaster is in
you can;t really clean them as easily as an oven or an air fryer

He's using those toaster bag things
https://www.lakeland.co.uk/10724/2-lakeland-toastabags-toasted-sandwiches-in-a-toaster

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Merry Xmas @Dave7 hope your having a good as day as you can
Just done a family breakfast me and my sisters family multiple poached eggs in the air fryer much to my sisters disbelief it was a success and with my cooking skills it was a surprise

Many thanks.....much appreciated.
Glad to read of your cullinary skills.

Top Bottom