FSA 46 teeth chain ring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Welch

Hi Guys
I'm fitting a new chainring for my pal , it's a FSA 46 teeth 4 hole type , I ordered a 5 hole by mistake , and I can't find any 4 hole types in stock anywhere , is there an equivalent or can anyone recommend something to solve the problem

Jenkins

Legendary Member

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Also note, Spa actually have real people answering their emails, so if you have any doubts about what you need to order, drop them a line.

byegad

Legendary Member
+1 for Spa!
Excellent service with great stock. What a LBS should be. But online and telephone orders must be their main market.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Hi guys drew a blank with Spar as they don't stock FSA and nothing equivalent elsewhere very helpful fella though

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my boardman had fsa chainrings andi put a stronglight chainring on and it works fine ( assuming its the same bcd and hole count)

andrew_s

Legendary Member
4-arm chainrings are awkward.
Not only are there proprietary BCDs as well as the standard 104 mm, there are non-square versions in which the bolt hole separation in line with the crank is different to the bolt hole separation perpendicular to the crank.
Standard 104 mm square chainrings (or 64 for the inner) are commonly available off-brand (eg Spa), but otherwise you've probably got to hunt up the proper manufacturers version.

There's a look up chart here https://www.sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-bcd.html
I'd recommend that you measure up your existing chainring.

Top Bottom