FSA Gossamer Chain Rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Welch

Hi I'm replacing the large ring on the above chain ring but when I bolt it back together with the old smaller ring the 2 are too close to allow the chain to bed properly , I've tried different ways round all the rings are lined up but it's flumexed me

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Hi I'm replacing the large ring on the above chain ring but when I bolt it back together with the old smaller ring the 2 are too close to allow the chain to bed properly , I've tried different ways round all the rings are lined up but it's flumexed me

Sharky

Guru
Presume all is OK on the big ring, just when you drop onto the small ring, the chain is too close to the outer ring?

Try putting the old ring back on to confirm that it used to be OK, then if OK, compare minutely the old and new outer ring, looking for a difference.

Also check the inner ring. Are the teeth offset? Can you turn the inner ring round to make the off set further away?

You've probably already had these thoughts and tried them, so my ideas probably don't help, but I wish you luck in finding the problem/solution.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Cheers yes I tried it with the old ring and it's the same out come both rings are virtually flush , it's something simple I'm doing wrong I'm sure but it's a bigger

Sharky

Guru
Is it an orthadox 5 arm spider and 110 bcd type? Presume the rings are on opposite sides of the spider and not bolted together on the same side.

Sharky

Guru
Well done

Top Bottom