FSA SLK Light double chainring swap out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedalster

Having a few issues with the compact that came as oem on the bike.
The 34 is not getting any use whatsoever.
. I want to change to a 53/38 (sic) thats in crc sale but at the best price where they only have 170mm.
172.5 is on at the moment.... I cant see that 2.5 mm is going to make any difference at all?
I use a Spin bike with 160 cranks after all with no ill effect.
Opinions, tho?
Its BB30 without bearings and just want to swap the cranks out.

cheers all

Globalti

Legendary Member
It might feel odd for the first few miles but you'll soon grow accustomed to it. I went from 175s on both bikes to 172.5s on the road bike then 170s on my MTB, which I didn't like for the first 10 minutes then forgot about.

OP
OP
Pedalster

Pedalster

Why not just buy 53/38t 110bdc chainrings?

Thats what is on offer at a very much reduced price.... they just have 170 's tho
anyways to save even more as I aint got deep enough pockets at mo , decided to just change the inner chainring for even less 34 to a 38 and keep the 50...
Personally, I dont need any bigger gearing with either an 11 or 12 on the back sprocket.

FSA carbon cranks are just luvverly and can recommend them, but unfortunately very pricey

GrasB

Veteran
Saw a 2010 SL-K kitted bike last week & the finishing layer of random carbon fibres laid in the lacquer looked gorgeous & much more interesting than standard 3k or 12k weave.

Top Bottom