Fulcrum 4-R5-004 bearing - where to get

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

U

User6179

Hi
I have Fulcrum Racing Sport DB wheels
I need to replace one of the bearings - the non drive side in the rear

According to http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/area/download/download.php?tab=doc&rnd=hx99j6Gae5&rnds=&rndc=1&rnts=1, the part number is 4-R5-004

But all Googling for that suggests it is a set of 4 bearings, or a kit, or something

Can I just buy a single bearing from somewhere? What size and spec is it?

Thanks for any help
Mark

6001 2RS I think is the bearing code for Fulcrums 5/7

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Replaced the bearings in both my rear hub outer and freehub inner on my Fulcrum Racing Sport 77 CX wheels. Can`t for the life of me now remember what size they were, just know I found some at work :whistle: . Pretty sure they were the same but fit double sealed if you can, hence 2RS .

Some people like to remove the inner rubber seal on the bearing, the one that faces inward to the center of the hub. It cuts down on the initial freewheeling resistance feeling of the wheel, although it frees off after a few miles

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I can tell you Fulcrum CX wheels I had , were only single sealed. Rather daft considering the environment and also for anyone riding in all weathers requiring frequent hosing down of bike etc. Would plump for double sealed all the time. Luckily we have a good supply, or did anyway ^_^

For OP if you have an ERIKS near by, then get yourself along with the bearing number !

He doesn't have R5 or R7.

I think the ops question was already dealt with, anyway. Bb

gbb

Legendary Member
Racing 5s bearings are also only single sided seals, just pop one side out of a 2RS.
Had a look at mine just the other day and while I've not really done any bad weather riding on them, they look fine after maybe 3 years...maybe more.

Top Bottom