Full Carbon Bike, 105 Group set - £699

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've got the Mach 720 which, although it has a different frame I think the styling points are very similar. I really like the stealth bomber look. I have no idea if it is an "aerodynamic disaster" or not but frankly, once you stick the average cyclist on top of it, it hardly matters does it?

Can't comment on the 700 but the 720 rides great. I would suggest anyone interested should go and take a look in person rather than pay much attention to other people's opinions

Strangely, you can find equally ugly bikes in the piccie section of CC that look as ugly as sin. They cost thousands but because they have the right name on the frame they cause people to dribble like a rabid dog...

vickster

Legendary Member
xx(

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Here's my 720 for comparison
20140723_070028.jpg
Strangely, you can find equally ugly bikes in the piccie section of CC that look as ugly as sin. They cost thousands but because they have the right name on the frame they cause people to dribble like a rabid dog...

Ah, perhaps you've hit the nail on the head. I'm not bothered about the brand. I just researched carefully what I got for my money and found that the Mach 720 was about 20% cheaper than anything similar. £699 does seem like a really good price for the 700 but I appreciate that its design may not be to everyone's taste

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got the Mach 720 which, although it has a different frame I think the styling points are very similar. I really like the stealth bomber look. I have no idea if it is an "aerodynamic disaster" or not but frankly, once you stick the average cyclist on top of it, it hardly matters does it?

Can't comment on the 700 but the 720 rides great. I would suggest anyone interested should go and take a look in person rather than pay much attention to other people's opinions

Please, noooooooooooooooo.

Paint the bloody thing for God sake. All frame manufacturers should have this forums Classic and Vintage section as a must read before they are let loose making their products. Then they'd be able to sell us frames that don't look like they've been rescued from the stream at the back of Tescos when the staff were pulling the abandoned trolleys out.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got collared recently outside the Rapha cafe (horrid, overpriced coffee) by one of BTWIN's product managers who wanted to take a photo of my lovely Genesis...so maybe they are learning that colour is best :whistle:

jack smith

Veteran
Here's my 720 for comparison
View attachment 74578

Ah, perhaps you've hit the nail on the head. I'm not bothered about the brand. I just researched carefully what I got for my money and found that the Mach 720 was about 20% cheaper than anything similar. £699 does seem like a really good price for the 700 but I appreciate that its design may not be to everyone's taste
Lovley bike! Loving the campag

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

The "stealth bomber" look is what I too thought. Strikingly similar

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Stealth bomber?

You must mean one of these:

http://www.stealthelectricbikesusa.com/bomber-electric-bike.html

Brandane

Legendary Member
Please, noooooooooooooooo.

Paint the bloody thing for God sake. All frame manufacturers should have this forums Classic and Vintage section as a must read before they are let loose making their products.
Does this thing of beauty meet with your approval?

2270-10411-main-2015croixframeset-2.jpg

I really want to save up some pennies and make this frameset the basis of my next bike. Along with a 105 groupset and some decent touring wheels, with disc brakes.
Sadly the one thing that puts me off is that the same thing I find attractive will also appeal to lowlife thieving scumbag scrotes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mmmm v nice, not dissimilar to my copper beauty (not so keen on the black forks though)

Low life scrotes will nick anything - get good security

jack smith

Veteran
Does this thing of beauty meet with your approval?

2270-10411-main-2015croixframeset-2.jpg

I really want to save up some pennies and make this frameset the basis of my next bike. Along with a 105 groupset and some decent touring wheels, with disc brakes.
Sadly the one thing that puts me off is that the same thing I find attractive will also appeal to lowlife thieving scumbag scrotes.
Thats horrid the only thief who would nick that would need to be atleast an oap :laugh: Can everyone just agree we like different things and move on!

bpsmith

Veteran
Around my area, there is not a lot of matte black, so brightly coloured kit is the hum drum. My matte black best bike is the maverick most rides.

There's no arguing that there are lots of desirable bikes out there with bright glossy colours, but when it comes to choosing your own nobody else's opinion matters.

What strikes me as odd is when people complain about bare matte black carbon, but then post a bare Ti frame as being a thing of beauty. Surely they are one and the same in their approach?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well i like it .
My view too, but then again my riding is firmly in the cheap as chips area :smile:

Top Bottom