Full Carbon Bike, 105 Group set - £699

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What strikes me as odd is when people complain about bare matte black carbon, but then post a bare Ti frame as being a thing of beauty. Surely they are one and the same in their approach?
Who Sir? Me, Sir??
I wasn't complaining about matt black anything, in fact I have a matt black alloy Spesh Tricross and I love it!
As George Orwell said, "All bikes are beautiful, but some are more beautiful than others", or something similar :smile:.

vickster

Legendary Member
What strikes me as odd is when people complain about bare matte black carbon, but then post a bare Ti frame as being a thing of beauty. Surely they are one and the same in their approach?

Cos matte black is dull and boring :whistle: , while Ti is shiny and pretty

bpsmith

Veteran
Who Sir? Me, Sir??
I wasn't complaining about matt black anything, in fact I have a matt black alloy Spesh Tricross and I love it!
As George Orwell said, "All bikes are beautiful, but some are more beautiful than others", or something similar :smile:.
Not actually aimed particularly at anyone really. Just noticed before that this is often the case. Totally agree in if you like it, you like. In fact, if I like it and others don't then that usually means are have to buy it. :smile:

Nice Spesh btw.

Drago

Legendary Member
The difference is carbon really does need paint or a UV resistant laquer to prevent aging. A few grams of paint saved on a carbon frame is not a good thing. On a Ti frame it.is not no consequence.

bpsmith

Veteran
Cos matte black is dull and boring :whistle: , while Ti is shiny and pretty
Don't get me wrong, as bare Ti is a thing of beauty on a well made frame, but it surely is the equivalent of unfinished Carbon.

I know you love your colours @vickster and, having seen you post in here, probably crystalised my need to post. :smile:

Just spent 15 mins longer than my planned flexi lunch, looking at obscure bikes on Google Images. Cheers guys!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Don't get me wrong, as bare Ti is a thing of beauty on a well made frame, but it surely is the equivalent of unfinished Carbon.

I know you love your colours @vickster and, having seen you post in here, probably crystalised my need to post. :smile:

Just spent 15 mins longer than my planned flexi lunch, looking at obscure bikes on Google Images. Cheers guys!

The thing with unfinished Ti is that if you get any marks or scratches you can just buff them out. The finish is also constantly changing with buffing/cleaning, the weather, rubbing of thighs against the frame etc. Shall I post up yet another pic of my Ti beauty? Certainly far from unfinished 'dull' carbon.

Oh alright then
standalone

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The thing with unfinished Ti is that if you get any marks or scratches you can just buff them out. The finish is also constantly changing with buffing/cleaning, the weather, rubbing of thighs against the frame etc. Shall I post up yet another pic of my Ti beauty? Certainly far from unfinished 'dull' carbon.

Oh alright then
standalone
Nice bike, could do with a lick of paint on the frame though.

bpsmith

Veteran

Oh alright then
standalone
The forks look hideous. :smile:

Top Bottom