Full Team Kit *kers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really dont understand why anyone would get worked up over what someone else is wearing :wacko:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I used to wear full kit, Z Peugeot, Cafe de Colombia, Fagor, KAS.... I was about 16 at the time but my, I enjoyed feeling like I was Millar on a solo breakaway in the Pyrenees when in fact I was a Mancunian breaking away from nobody in the High Peak near Buxton.

I don't wear team kit anymore as I think I'd look like a fat w*nker, but I won't judge someone who does. Good luck to them!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've had people making comments behind my back for wearing the 'wrong' T-shirt at a gig. Much the same…I don't get people wearing merch for bands they don't even know, but I've got better things to do with my life than harangue them about it.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's just a cycling-specific version of 'all the gear, no idea'.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't see the problem. It's not like he was wearing a championship jersey he hadn't won. Even the Velominati doesn't forbid it, only questions it:

RULE 17:
Wearing team kit is also questionable if you’re not paid to wear it. If you must fly the colours of Pro teams, all garments should match perfectly, i.e no Mapei jersey with Kelme shorts and Telekom socks.

I don't see the problem. It's not like he was wearing a championship jersey he hadn't won. Even the Velominati doesn't forbid it, only questions it:

RULE 17:
Wearing team kit is also questionable if you’re not paid to wear it. If you must fly the colours of Pro teams, all garments should match perfectly, i.e no Mapei jersey with Kelme shorts and Telekom socks.
Rule 17a (unwritten):
Under no circumstances should one wear AG2R shorts, unless one is expecting an uncontrollable bout of gastric distress

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Whoever thought blue and poo-brown was a winning combination?

The Velominati rules are just an elaborate troll, as far as I can tell.

pawl

Legendary Member
I absolutely refuse any garment with adverts on it If they want me to dress up like a mobile bill board then my fees for advertising are very high Two exceptions my visit Yorkshire top and a charity top that the company may wife worked for had made in memory of a colleague and close friend who died of breast cancer aged thirty six

Top Bottom