Fully vindicated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a lot of you will be aware, I used to frequent another forum called bloodbus, which is a bus drivers forum. I ended up there because of some campaigning I was doing with First buses and I ended up having plenty of interesting 'conversations' on there whilst I was there.

Obviously my campaigning upset a few folk and one poster (Paramedic et al!) took on three persona's and tried his/her best to discredit me. At one point (claiming to be a police officer) he/she claimed I was a drink driver and that was why I cycled. This was a complete lie and was exposed as such and the user banned.

However, another user going under the name hamsters4breekie also claimed that one of my bus company complaints lost one driver his job and forced him to get a job elsewhere because he was given a warning 1 year after the incident. He also claimed he was the bus driver in my Bullied of the road video and had it removed by youtube because of these claims. These claims actually made it into a newspaper article about me. Therefore, I asked the bus company if it could confirm these accusations, i.e. had this chap actually been warned when he said he had and had he left the company. (Obviously they had to do this whilst keeping within data protection laws).

The company got back to me last week and confirmed that the driver still worked for the company, and was disciplined the day after the incident, not 1 year after. So I can finally prove that hamsters4breekie was lying.

I have been deregistered from bloodbus (without my knowledge) so I can't post this there. However, I just wanted to set the record straight. If anyone from bloodbus reads this, feel free to post this on bloodbus.

Just nice to set the record straight.

Now on with the job of cycling in the sunshine! :rolleyes:

(I've posted this in commute as it is where a lot of the previous discussions occured and where a lot of the users who would remember this hang out.)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That's great news...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

mr_cellophane said:
Can't you just register again with another id ?

I could, but to be honest it is obvious that I am not wanted over there, and I can no longer be bothered with them anyway!

jely

oh it's an awful feeling when accusations are made against you, so i'm really happy that the record has been set straight! :rolleyes:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice to be vindicated, but what's the point? They were wrong, and they knew it, why else the bullying attitude and anger? It's just a bunch of drivers who were outraged at the possibility of any poor driving of theirs being shown publicly.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
Nice to be vindicated, but what's the point? They were wrong, and they knew it, why else the bullying attitude and anger? It's just a bunch of drivers who were outraged at the possibility of any poor driving of theirs being shown publicly.

True. But as Jely says it is not nice to have false accusations made against you in public. Therefore, I just wanted to set the record straight in public.

I certainly have no intention of ever setting foot (virtually of course!) in bloodbus again, so it is nice to just draw a line under it all.:rolleyes:

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
True. But as Jely says it is not nice to have false accusations made against you in public. Therefore, I just wanted to set the record straight in public.

I certainly have no intention of ever setting foot (virtually of course!) in bloodbus again, so it is nice to just draw a line under it all.:rolleyes:

At last some sense!

Hopefully that will mean you don't headhunt trolls for CC any more;)

But good work on discrediting the idiots.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
At last some sense!

Hopefully that will mean you don't headhunt trolls for CC any more;)

But good work on discrediting the idiots.

Thanks tete.

Just yesterday when I was searching the forums I came across a thread where you sounded a bit fed up with being on the forum, campaigning etc. How's that going? I hope you stick around. We don't always agree with each other, but that is exactly why I really want you to stick around. What's the point of a forum where everyone just pats each other on the back? I need your balance! ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
don't know you from adam magna but you outright drip with honesty

He, he, hee, at last I have fooled him, now I know my evil plan for world domination will succeed...;):evil::rolleyes:

Top Bottom