Fully vindicated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

I've just popped over to Bloodbus. Won't be going there again.

I picked a random thread about cyclists, and came up with a link to this video which there is a several page long thread about, mostly criticising him for "weaving all over the road".

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSBnMV-Ax4

I fail to see what the cyclist was doing wrong - sure, if it was me, I would probably have pulled over and let the bus go past at one or two points on that trip, but jeez! Talk about overreaction from those guys.

I think my blood pressure will thank me if I don't ever read that site again.

nethalus

Kaipaith said:
I've just popped over to Bloodbus. Won't be going there again.

I picked a random thread about cyclists, and came up with a link to this video which there is a several page long thread about, mostly criticising him for "weaving all over the road".

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSBnMV-Ax4

I fail to see what the cyclist was doing wrong - sure, if it was me, I would probably have pulled over and let the bus go past at one or two points on that trip, but jeez! Talk about overreaction from those guys.

I think my blood pressure will thank me if I don't ever read that site again.

Blimely there were only ten replies on that particular thread and most of it was either people saying "oh no, not again!" or people saying they couldn't actually see the cyclist doing anything wrong, or suggesting that the driver of the bus was a bit inexperienced. Ok there was one numpty saying they should have knocked him into a hedge, but then you get 'em everywhere!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I read that thread, and was equally frightened.

Not because of the boring moans of someone who needs a better hobby, but by the fact that someone chose to film a bus journey.

Each to their own. Remember I film my cycle journeys...! ;)

The Evil Rock DJ

magnatom said:
I am sure there are some good people on there, and as I have said a zillion times the majority of bus drivers are really good (better on average than most road users). However, there certainly is a few (i'll be polite here!) numpties on there! Hey, ho. I've said all I had to say over there and someone with a sense of humour (as I said google the username) posted my parting remarks.

Oh and if anyone doesn't beleive me about the e-mail from First I can pass on the contact details of the person I was in contact with from First, who I am sure could confirm it.

Heh that`ll be me he`s talking about. Don`t worry I`m not setting up camp in here, just here in passing so to speak.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The Evil Rock DJ said:
Heh that`ll be me he`s talking about. Don`t worry I`m not setting up camp in here, just here in passing so to speak.

Pardon my confusion, in which bit am I talking about you? So who are you? (or do you claim to be:rolleyes:?)

RANDOM

magnatom said:
I have been deregistered from bloodbus (without my knowledge) so I can't post this there. However, I just wanted to set the record straight. If anyone from bloodbus reads this, feel free to post this on bloodbus.

Just nice to set the record straight.

I believe you did know about it and in fact you PM the guy so it could happen

The Evil Rock DJ

magnatom said:
Pardon my confusion, in which bit am I talking about you? So who are you? (or do you claim to be:rolleyes:?)

I post as the Evil Bus Driver on Bloodbus. I just got curious and came over here for a nose around... Personally I`m not bothered about who is slagging who off on there or here since that whole thing was between you and whoever the Paramedic/paramedsis/hamsters4brekkie was.

I know you`re not talking bout me I was referring to Mr. Kipling`s post.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

RANDOM said:
I believe you did know about it and in fact you PM the guy so it could happen

Actually, what really happened was that I agreed to be de-registered after I was allowed one final post. I pointed out to The Driver that I wanted to wait until I received confirmation from First about the truth behind the allegations. However, before this happened (I only recently received the information from First) I was de-registered, so I did not have my chance for one final post. If the driver would care to release the private posts that were made between us in this regard I could prove that this was the case. I don't have access to them as my account was de-registered!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The Evil Rock DJ said:
I post as the Evil Bus Driver on Bloodbus. I just got curious and came over here for a nose around... Personally I`m not bothered about who is slagging who off on there or here since that whole thing was between you and whoever the Paramedic/paramedsis/hamsters4brekkie was.

I know you`re not talking bout me I was referring to Mr. Kipling`s post.

Ah ok. Feel free to hang around. You'll find (apart from soapbox) that it is actually quite a friendly place.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hey The Evil Rock, I'm quite a fan of the bus drivers around here (Bromley area), I experience excellent quality driving from them nearly all the time, and am chuffed as a result. Think I'm going to look up the bus garage and send in a letter and some Quality Streets.

Tynan

Veteran
yep, buses are one of the better vehicles on the roads, professional driver and all that, I don;t expect anything 'bad' from them

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Another +1 for bus drivers for me. Apart from one careless bit of driving a year or so ago, my local bus drivers have always been great.

domtyler

Über Member
I rarely get any trouble from bus drivers, especially bendies as they are so slow I can just overtake no probs. I think I can remember one incident in the last three years.

Top Bottom