Fully vindicated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

By contrast, I was literally run off the road twice last year by buses, on both occasions because they tried to overtake where there wasn't room.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Gotta linky?

nethalus

User said:
Just as an aside, according to Transport Research Laboratory studies carried out in 2007, buses are the vehicles most likely to jump a red light in London (followed closely by cyclists and black cabs).

I would think it would by cycles that are the vehicles most likely to jump red lights in London!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I seem to recall the RAC study found something like 48% of cyclists, 20% of bus drivers and 10% of car drivers at one particular junction. All are wrong, but the problem is that drivers can kill, and the cyclists can be killed.

spindrift

BentMikey said:
I seem to recall the RAC study found something like 48% of cyclists, 20% of bus drivers and 10% of car drivers at one particular junction. All are wrong, but the problem is that drivers can kill, and the cyclists can be killed.

A survey by the RAC found that, yes, a lot of cyclists run red lights. It also found that one in ten drivers in Manchester and London crossed traffic lights more than three seconds after the lights turned red, and one in five bus drivers ran red lights. There are ten thousand traffic light camera prosecutions annually in London alone, a small part of the 1.5 million prosecutions annually based on camera evidence (I don't know what proportion are speed versus red lights), in turn the tip of the iceberg of twelve million prosecutions and cautions for motoring offences by UK police forces in 2002.

Top Bottom