Funeral music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd like a humanist cremation, cardboard box coffin and Elgar's Nimrod played. As little expense spent as possible and no flowers because they're as waste of money even though I love fresh cut flowers in the house. Sometimes I tell people I want my funeral to be a recreation of the one at the end of Imitation of Life, complete with sobbing and wailing over the coffin :sun:

Gromit

Über Member
For my mum we had

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUO7N-zSMYc

And

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OzyVu2USOM

We had a list of music to work from. We had three hymns in there just to annoy my mum's older sister who used to be a singer, she didn't have any singing at her husbands funeral because she couldn't sing any more.

It's my Aunties funeral on Thursday. I think it's going to be very Christian. Don't mind all that much as Steven the vicar at my old church is a very nice chap.

I don't know what I would like for my funeral, I think I will leave it up to my friends and family to choose.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's going to be one bloke reading "Stop all the Clocks" by Auden followed by "You'll never walk alone" preferably a recording I have of the Kop singing it v Borussia Monchengladbach in 1977.

Couldn't find the video to that one on YouTube but this is a cracking one anyway:

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
I'd like a humanist cremation, cardboard box coffin and Elgar's Nimrod played. As little expense spent as possible and no flowers because they're as waste of money even though I love fresh cut flowers in the house. Sometimes I tell people I want my funeral to be a recreation of the one at the end of Imitation of Life, complete with sobbing and wailing over the coffin :sun:

I'm with you on this one.I've been to a few humanist funerals and never been to a bad one.Good choice of music by the way :thumbsup:

Top Bottom