Funniest Fringe Joke: Poll

Which is the funniest Fringe joke?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Last month i knew nothing about the Olympic Games,now i can't wait for next years.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Why was it only those jokes that were chosen to vote for in the poll? There was a funnier one from the Edinburgh Fester that never made it and is more appropriate for us folk; This traffic light food labelling means nothing to me. I'm a cyclist.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why was it only those jokes that were chosen to vote for in the poll? There was a funnier one from the Edinburgh Fester that never made it and is more appropriate for us folk; This traffic light food labelling means nothing to me. I'm a cyclist.

They were chosen to vote for in the poll because they were deemed to be the ten funniest by their selectors working for the Dave TV channel. The rank order was then dewcided by 3000 people.

Stewart Francis's one-liner about David and Victoria Beckham naming their children has won the award for the funniest joke of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
The Canadian comedian won the award, given out by TV channel Dave, for the joke:
"You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
Francis and British comedian Tim Vine's jokes both feature twice in the top ten best list published by Dave. Other comedians whose jokes made the list include Will Marsh and Rob Beckett.
Vine's jokes were voted into second and sixth place by a public vote of three thousand comedy fans, after Edinburgh jokes were whittled down to a shortlist of 30 by a panel of judges. Vine won the award for best joke two years ago.

PaulB

Legendary Member
They were chosen to vote for in the poll because they were deemed to be the ten funniest by their selectors working for the Dave TV channel. The rank order was then dewcided by 3000 people.

The poll is rendered worthless then if that execrable tv 'channel' is relied on to tell us what constitutes funny. There's more adverts than programme on that load of old tat. Most of its output is about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

The poll is rendered worthless then if that execrable tv 'channel' is relied on to tell us what constitutes funny. There's more adverts than programme on that load of old tat. Most of its output is about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

The TV channel didn't decide what was funniest. A panel of judged created the shortlist for Dave. Dave then polled three thousand people and either failed to ask you or include a 'none of the above' option.

Jeez it's meant to be a bit of fun.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I have spent a few minutes looking through previous years' short lists and there's even better one liners there. Some of the ones judged to be in the worst ten I found to be funnier than some of the winners but that's the subjective nature of comedy.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The TV channel didn't decide what was funniest. A panel of judged created the shortlist for Dave. Dave then polled three thousand people and either failed to ask you or include a 'none of the above' option.

Jeez it's meant to be a bit of fun.
But the selectors worked for Dave so must have been influenced in what they could put in and what they had to leave out. There's a funnier list of 100 Embra Fester jokes published in the Independent than the ones we were restricted in choosing. Yes, some were funny but there were funnier not on the list so Dave should be given no credit for this, at all.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

But the selectors worked for Dave so must have been influenced in what they could put in and what they had to leave out. There's a funnier list of 100 Embra Fester jokes published in the Independent than the ones we were restricted in choosing. Yes, some were funny but there were funnier not on the list so Dave should be given no credit for this, at all.

I don't think that CC folk would take the time to do a one hundred joke poll here even if the board could accommodate such a thing. Like I said humour is subjective. The poll here supports that view by producing a different rank order for the sample of ten from a huge raft of jokes selected by judges on behalf of Dave.

Some jokes make some folk laugh some of the time but not all jokes make all folk laugh all of the time. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom