Funny 'Tech' failures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I posted something in another thread, but got me thinking about funny 'tech' failures, or more likely the 'user'.

Two years ago I was on a stag do for my brother in Budapest - he's about 16 years younger (I can't remember now). Group consisted of best man, friends - all around early to mid 30's, then about 3 of us who were 'older', me late 40's then father in law and uncle who were in mid/late 50s (they were the biggest drinkers).

The best man had organised everything, did a fab job with nice restaurants/hotel location, and we even used google maps to get about. Loads of walking, 22 miles over the weekend.

On night two, best man went home early (that's another story, but he didn't tell anyone - cue lots of rushing around, knocking toilet doors in) - phoned hotel and this 6ft Asian guy had gone to bed (that was him). This is another story !!!

We carried on drinking. We weren't far from the hotel, but decided to call it a night. We were within half a mile of the hotel (Jewish quarter and our hotel was over the other side of the main shopping street). We all had maps on our phones. Lets say the 4 of us heading back couldn't follow them due to the consumed alcohol. After an hour of walking, we found a cab rank and asked to be taken back. The taxi driver just shook his head. We'd completely gone the wrong direction, and was now about a 15 minute drive from the hotel.

Don't operate tech when smashed folks - 4 drunks in-charge of phones, and not one of us could follow them.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Does idiot induced tech' failure count?

If so, I once set a GPS device to the wrong map datum which almost caused me a major problem on a crappy weather mountain day.

Top Bottom