Funny things you remember from your childhood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
My grandmother rather proudly told her friends that I wanted to be a vicar when I grew up. Then I added, "So I've only got to work on Sundays."

screenman

Legendary Member
My brother and his mates thorwing a rope over a high branch me grabbing hold of it and the pulling me up in the air, it was not a good idea to grab hold of the bit of rope they were holding onto when I got to the top, well they told me too. Sack of spuds and ground spring to mind.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I think that Jubblies (Jubblys?) were orange flavoured. I vaguely remember a similar product which was red or purple - not sure what flavour that was. I think that might have been a rival product but a quick search didn't track it down.

Remind me never, ever to google Juicy Lucy ever again....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Remind me never, ever to google Juicy Lucy ever again....
I remember the name 'Juicy Lucy' from the 1970s(?) but can't remember where from. I suspect that this is a trap... Must not Google Juicy Lucy; must not Google Jui...
whistling.gif

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I remember the name 'Juicy Lucy' from the 1970s(?) but can't remember where from. I suspect that this is a trap... Must not Google Juicy Lucy; must not Google Jui... View attachment 517046
Our ice cream van used to sell them when I was young in the early 60s- exactly the same packaging as the Jubblies you found.

Our milk-man also sold orange juice in 1/3 pint bottles and delivered them with the milk. Never saw them anywhere else though!

Top Bottom