Future CC Central Scotland Forum Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

HonestMan1910 said:
can't be *rsed, just tell me, please !:biggrin:

A suggestion from me, an interloper....could the OP not be updated to indicate when where etc? Makes it much easier to find out details.

I have almost made plans to come along to a few forum rides but by the time I have worked out the details I have been too bloody knackered to do any cycling! :smile:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Mixed emotions this morning.

Sad :smile: - not able to make Saturday now.

Happy :biggrin: - going to visit m daughter at Uni in Dundee.

Catch you all next time.

HM1910

Seamab

I'll be coming along. I'll try and persuade one of my sons to come with me on our newly acquired (very old) tandem. 10.30am at Dalmeny rail station is my understanding.

Couple of questions - 1. is there ample car parking at Dalmeny rail station?
2. Is this route suitable for skinny tyres? I think some of it may be on NCN route(s) - is it all tarmaced?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Seamab said:
I'll be coming along. I'll try and persuade one of my sons to come with me on our newly acquired (very old) tandem. 10.30am at Dalmeny rail station is my understanding.

Couple of questions - 1. is there ample car parking at Dalmeny rail station?
2. Is this route suitable for skinny tyres? I think some of it may be on NCN route(s) - is it all tarmaced?

;)
1. AFIK, there is adequate parking, either at or very near to, the station
2 (a & :smile: Dunno - not ridden it all yet but believe so.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Following Noodley's suggestion (and as has been mooted elsewhere), I have edited the first post in the thread to update the details.
We're maybe 9 riders, so room for more :smile:

I haven't ridden this route before, so if anyone has a map of the route, it might save us a few (extra) miles .... ;)

Seamab

Scoosh wrote:
I haven't ridden this route before, so if anyone has a map of the route, it might save us a few (extra) miles .... ;)
I have an old OS map of the area which i can bring along but it doesn't show any cycle paths. Still - it might come in handy.

MrRidley

Afraid i'm out, Ikea for me, on orders of Mrs bhoyjim ;)

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well, there were only 4 of us but we go for quality .... :biggrin:

Seamab, Hobgoblin + Heather Hobg'lin (aged 13) and Scoosh departed Dalmeny at 1035 and returned at 1610. It was a good ride, with great company.

Wind in our faces till the Kincardine Bridge but not too bad. Ironically, one of the nicer parts was going through Grangemouth (now there's an expression you don't hear very often :ohmy: ) - lovely park(s) and totally deserted. Very pleasant after crossing Kincardine, with the wind (12-18 mph) at our backs - even though our 'navigators' ie those who had ridden this bit of the route before - 'did an HLaB' and took a wrong turn. Would have really suited SatansBudgie, with some real cyclo-cross stuff; not so good for Seamab on single speed :biggrin:.

All did well and young Heather is quite a star - she hung in there and was steady all the way :rolleyes:.

We got some pics took in Culross after our lunch stop and these should appear soon .... :laugh:

Thanks to those who came along and those who couldn't make it - you missed a good ride but there's always next month .... :biggrin:

Seamab

I had a great day out on previously unknown roads/paths - could have done with a machete at one point to beat back the undergrowth. Scoosh navigated us brilliantly when the NCN signs vanished sporadically - as they do.

This would be a ride worth repeating as the roads were very quiet apart from Linlithgow and a strange NCN crossing of a dual carriageway in Grangemouth.

We had an exhaustive tour of Grangemouth - from the view across the industrial landscape from the top of the Boness hill - there was a good long hill out of Linlithgow and then a short chevron rated hill (that i had to climb twice due to a blocked path) - to the shopping centre where we discovered Greggs bakery and Heathers' flat tyre.

On the other side of the Forth the ride along was very nice with open views across to where we had been and the wind behind. Nice fudge for sale in the PO at Culross.

Skinny tyres are unwise for the last section to Limekilns - suspension might be in order. Definitely an adventurous ride. I'm sure the sign pointed left up the grassy track that rapidly became jungle. A wrong turn is part of the fun.;) I thought it was a requirement of every CC ride.

Well done to the Hobgoblin crew - a great effort on the MTB's. Time for road bikes?

Two new firsts for me in one day - never been across the FRB or Kincardine BR on a bike until now.

How about the Tay Bridge next time? You get to go up/down in a lift!

Top Bottom