Future CC Central Scotland Forum Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hobgoblin

We had a good day and are glad we came! Those that couldn't make it missed a fun ride.

I liked going through the grounds of Hopetoun house where we saw a herd of fallow deer. Heather liked the stop for Greggs! And she also enjoyed the fast off road section into Charlestown. Our fat tyres came in handy there :birthday: !

I recorded our route on my GPS and have posted it on Everytrail where I also attached the "team" photo.

We picked up a few tips along the way and for us its not just n+1, but N=(n+1)x2. I think both our Christmas lists may include "road bike".

Thanks again for a great day and waiting for us at the hills.

PS. We didn't get lost, we were exploring alternative destinations.

Glad you guys had a good day out. Sounds like it was a nice ride. :cheers:

I'm just so damn busy just now, with one thing and another, I'm not even managing training rides. :birthday:

Seamab said:
How about the Tay Bridge next time? You get to go up/down in a lift!

If I ever get the time to organise a ride I could organise one over the Erskine Bridge. Excellent views from the top when the weather is clear.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Sounds like a great day was had by the Fab Four, route looks good and will certainly be giving it a try out for myself.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HonestMan1910 said:
Sounds like a great day was had by the Fab Four, route looks good and will certainly be giving it a try out for myself.
The signposting is "hard to find" ;) after Hopetoun/Abercorn - it takes you to the Linlithgow road ... then ceases :laugh:. We carried on to Liligow, then took A706 up a nice gently climb to the road opp Golf Course, past road to Wester Muirhouse. Picked up NCN 76 signs thereafter, until ..... Limekilns, where the sign says to turn left up an MTB track ;) - this was where
we were exploring alternative destinations
You shold continue on till the next opportunity to turn left and it takes you to the road to Rosyth.

HTH

scook94

Veteran
Hey Scoosh, I can't find the new thread you've started for the October ride, where is it? ;)

BTW are we sticking with the last weekend of the month? If so, will that be 24th/25th or Sat 31st?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
satans budgie said:
If anyone fancies joining me on this, you are all most welcome.
Hmmmm .... off-road driving or flurrying in Fife ? Decisions, decisions.;)

Probably let the weather decide .......

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
Hey Scoosh, I can't find the new thread you've started for the October ride, where is it? ;)

BTW are we sticking with the last weekend of the month? If so, will that be 24th/25th or Sat 31st?
.... awaiting your name to be added on the first post :biggrin:

yes

ACS

Legendary Member
scoosh said:
Hmmmm .... off-road driving or flurrying in Fife ? Decisions, decisions.;)

Probably let the weather decide .......

You can decide on the day. Myself and Chris are doing it anyway if anyone else turns up its a bonus. We have a second route as a back up. I will do route sheets and because it is aimed at beginners I plan to lead a group at a stately pace (13 - 14 mph) with the mantra no one will be left behind. Those who want to race off and play away can do that as well.

The idea is to introduce the less fast to distance cycling without making it like a compeditive club run.

The idea is based on something myself discussed with Noodley (who was kind enough to keep me on the right road) on the Potter for Tea; an Audax type event with guides as a spring board to having a go at a formal event.

Top Bottom