Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I often forget that in some places A-roads are like B-roads and B-roads are singletrack!

I looked at riding the B8043 on a long day's ride from Fort William with my pal Carrie but we decided that the day would have been a bit TOO long so we stayed on the A861 along Glen Tarbert between Strontian and Corran. That was a lovely A-road which was pretty quiet when we cycled along it.

I'll have to go up there again some time. Maybe we will use the Corran ferry to bypass Fort William another time.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Damn, damn, and thrice damn. I'd looked at the road but only lower down and consequently rejected it.:cursing:

Snap!!

straas

Matt
EDIT: this isn't actually on Google maps, I'll post a different road below

Tough choosing a road that will be easy enough to get without being instantly recognisable.

If you've been here you'll get it instantly...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-190054.png
    Screenshot_20210308-190054.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
It took a while to be certain enough, but I'm pretty sure it's this:

Just below the summit of Harthope Moss, looking south.

I thought it must be seriously high (for the UK), so I just headed up through a list of the 13 highest UK road summits, and this was number 5.

I have a very easy one lined up for when this is confirmed, so fingers on buzzers...

straas

Matt
Nicely done! I was just in the layby to the left.

Incredible scenery around there!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is it the road up from Kinlochewe in Torridon?
Nae bother! There's a car park from which the view was taken and which is also included in Streetview. I also have a similar view from 1965 with what look like fresh loose chippings:

Assuming that @slow scot doesn't wish to post a photo, I suggest that anyone who has one ready posts it...

Top Bottom