Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought Scottish blackface, but then you see them on the NY moors and Pennine hills as well so doesnt help much!

I now know that despite us having more different breeds than anywhere else, they're the most common type in the UK. I also now know a bit more about Smit and Keel marks. None of it of any use to this. :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
indeed, as for the road, we are looking for a very minor road that goes alongside a tarn / moorland pond/ mini reservoir.

there are oodles of such bodies of water, admittedly, most are not roadside, but the one we are looking for is quite small, which doesn't help on a map search, and moorland covers a vast area of the UK, and you have to scroll right in to see the ponds and minor roads.

clue time....

indeed, as for the road, we are looking for a very minor road that goes alongside a tarn / moorland pond/ mini reservoir.

there are oodles of such bodies of water, admittedly, most are not roadside, but the one we are looking for is quite small, which doesn't help on a map search, and moorland covers a vast area of the UK, and you have to scroll right in to see the ponds and minor roads.

clue time....

I can't help thinking the herd of mini buffalo between the sheep and the tarn should help narrow it down a bit.

Hmmm, is that Hadrian's Wall at the end of the lane?

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

clue time....
Bear in mind where @Sea of vapours is based. So I'd start by considering Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland, the Lakes, Pennines in roughly that order. Of course it may be further afield, but that's a starting point.

Some clever clogs can probably identify the distant hills/mountains. Or at least come up with some useful exclusions. I'll start: Not the Himalayas.

Mmmmm...... that body of water is marked on the OS 1:250K map series, so not insignificant.

Hmmm, is that Hadrian's Wall at the end of the lane?
Nope.

Bear in mind where @Sea of vapours is based. So I'd start by considering Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland, the Lakes, Pennines in roughly that order. Of course it may be further afield, but that's a starting point.
Whilst the subject is a Streetview capture, I am abiding by the spirit of the original rules in that, were I in the habit of carrying any form of camera on the bike, i could have photographed that stretch of road numerous times.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Too small for Malham tarn but almost certainly in the Pennines

Looks to be a reservoir (as is Malham tarn) - pretty sure the far shore is a dam. Unusual to get a relatively flat moor below the height of the hills beyond. Unfenced road.

Agree it looks like pennines.

Loads to go at there, back in 2 mins with the answer ^_^

D

Deleted member 23692

My Go then?

This has changed a bit since I was last there

Untitled.png

Top Bottom