Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
I still aren't sure I'm right, I think vernod has looked at the copy of his image, not the top one, which is best i could find on google imagea.

Venod

Eh up
Nutgill lane, its changed a bit between photos. and its looking at Ingleborough
View attachment 588361
Sorry, I thought you had posted the correct picture from Google, but it was mine, its not Nutgill Lane, but someone will get it now, if you don't.

Those junctions are remarkably similar and within a couple of kilometres of my house. That's the end of Dumb Tom's Lane, where it meets Windy Hill, looking eastward.

Capture.JPG

Google Maps link

Last edited:
That's cheating, must count as offside or something!
I won't argue, especially when combined with @T4tomo having got within about 700m of the right place. Still, barring a steward's enquiry, here's another one.

Capture.JPG

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Damn, Ingleborough was my first thought , which I'd immediately rejected for looking too high. Have been wasting my time looking around Kilburn.

T4tomo

Guru
I won't argue, especially when combined with @T4tomo having got within about 700m of the right place. Still, barring a steward's enquiry, here's another one.

View attachment 588368
Tarn it, that looks familiar, but the few possibilities I have thought of are further from the road than that.

The "rud" markings on the sheep are all peculiar to a specific farm, but i don't think there is an online directory to narrow that down :laugh:, and whilst they don't repeat within regions, there maybe supplicate on different moorland strays

Tarn it, that looks familiar, but the few possibilities I have thought of are further from the road than that.

The "rud" markings on the sheep are all peculiar to a specific farm, but i don't think there is an online directory to narrow that down :laugh:, and whilst they don't repeat within regions, there maybe supplicate on different moorland strays

I'd got them down as Northumberland Blackface...but they could also be Red Herrings.

Top Bottom