Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
No, but it is one of the Three Peaks, which bears a remarkable resemblance to Pen y Ghent from this angle. ...
I did the Three Peaks last year (getting mild satisfaction from beating, in my fifties, my previous time as a teenager - as time catches up on us and our bodies decay, we have to find our petty satisfactions where we can...) I thought to myself then that Ingleborough and Pen-y-Gent really do have a very similar shape from certain angles and it would be very easy to confuse them. But I also thought that for me, as a Southerner, to admit to not being able to tell apart two such icons of Yorkshireness would be insensitivity verging on the colonial.:blush:

Got it. EDIT...Too late. Oh well. :laugh:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.923...4!1srGkoWwQvGu4Sy12VvRytIg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

1620837444831.png

... to admit to not being able to tell apart two such icons of Yorkshireness would be insensitivity verging on the colonial.
Oh I don't know. I live on the side of Ingleborough and I've been known to mistake them in photos from certain angles. Ingleborough can also be confused with Pendle Hill in photographs (at least it can by me ...).

Got it. EDIT...Too late. Oh well.
Third place ;-) At least half a bonus point for posting a Google Maps link though :-)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As for the bridge in Wales... I was thinking that I had never seen it or the countryside before. But, knowing how bad my memory is, I just checked exactly where it is...

Oh crap - I went over the original wooden bridge in 2012 on the holiday during which I probably developed my DVT. We were staying in Talsarnau and drove over the bridge one night to buy curries in Porthmadog. I remember that the toll booth was shut and wondering whether the Welsh government had made use of the bridge free, or was it only free at night?

And then I went back to Wales in 2018, by which time the new bridge in the photograph had been built. We went over that bridge by train to Pwllheli for a day's cycling on the LLeyn Peninsula.

:wacko:

Ingleborough can also be confused with Pendle Hill in photographs (at least it can by me ...).
And by me!

Venod

Eh up
Wow that was quick, did I leave a clue ?

Only name I can find for the road is Potters Side Lane.

Over to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom