Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I am, in that picture, cycling to work. I am on the route of a very old road, and near the convergence of two much newer ones.

(If you'd been there in the autumn you would remember those colours, but unfortunately the Google camera car wasn't)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is taking me too much time! I guess that the very old road is the A5 (Roman Watling Street) near Nuneaton/Rugby?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ooh, I've been looking at roundabouts between Huntington and Royston.

Looks to me like a roundabout with a large road passing over it behind the trees, and that elevated traffic sign facing away from us appears to be bolted to something THIS side of the roundabout. Not sure if the "something" is just a gantry, or possibly a rail bridge/viaduct/footbridge/aqueduct.
It's a fairly large traffic sign for cars leaving the roundabout, so maybe it's to do with motorway, airport...

Hmm, maybe Huntingdon/Royston not quite right.

robjh

Legendary Member
Ooh, I've been looking at roundabouts between Huntington and Royston.

Looks to me like a roundabout with a large road passing over it behind the trees, and that elevated traffic sign facing away from us appears to be bolted to something THIS side of the roundabout. Not sure if the "something" is just a gantry, or possibly a rail bridge/viaduct/footbridge/aqueduct.
It's a fairly large traffic sign for cars leaving the roundabout, so maybe it's to do with motorway, airport...

Hmm, maybe Huntingdon/Royston not quite right.
Well it's true that Huntingdon to Royston is a Roman road, but no, go west.

robjh

Legendary Member
WAIT - admission time. I (inadvertently) told you all a big lie. Although I would start that commute on a Roman road, I have left it by that photo. The best you can say is that I'm parallel to a Roman road.
And @ColinJ has been warmest so far, twice.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Been looking HInckley area, also various places near the Fosse Way down towards Warwick.
Spending far too much time on this - work beckons.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well I recognised it straight away. Hinkley Road from Ansty to the M6 / M69 junction.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4...4!1sB1wn5VkWYDMwOXpuZ2Zhxw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Seeing as it is my go I will go with a simple one, I don't think it has been done yet. Clues later on if needed.

streetviewImg (2).jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well definitely needed by me, could be anywhere.
well anywhere in a steep sloped wood!:laugh:

looks very similar to a climb I regularly do, except there aren't any roadside reflector posts on that. Its one of those, like the previous one, If you've ridden it it will ring a bell and you'll find it. if not there isn't anything geographical, like a hill, valley, body of water, bridge etc to narrow it down

Top Bottom