Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
@Milkfloat says it's a simple one so I'm guessing that it may be a high profile climb - one with a name that's famous at least with local cyclists.
It is known throughout the country, not just by cyclists. Looking through the thread we have been pretty close to it before. I suspect many of you have been up here.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Oh well done. I would never have found that.
It looked to me like any number of climbs in the Surrey Hills. I'd just eliminated Ranmore and the obvious bits of Leith Hill.
The final corner as you climb Box Hill has a drop off on the right, so that was next - only to find it's not on Streetview!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Spot on - I said it was easy :smile:
with a clue to look at high profile climbs and not just any bit of woodland, then much easier!

here's a cobbled classic for you to locate over the weekend
1621004733030.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I thought I recognised it - I had a very happy holiday in 2017 near Bridlington. On the final evening we ate fish and chips by a spectacular sea at Filey. I have some video I ought to upload sometime.

I'm on taxi duty shortly so my next offering will need to wait an hour or two.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Aye well done, I went up it on a Tour de Yorks sportive, before towing my tiring mate and several hanger-on-ers into a headwind back upto Scarborough.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I have a few ready to go. This was taken in 2017 before I'd fitted a second bottom cage to my "new" bike:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is a guestimate. ^_^

If I am correct I will have to pass on my choice of photo.

Your photo is looking south east ish from the B4080 near Defford, after a visit to a well-known cyclist's cafe.
It definitely looks like the right hill, but the road looks wrong. You need to get on Street view and try to find it. Meanwhile, we will all be trying to pinch it from you! :laugh:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Very much in the right area, @Speicher, but not that road.

I've just had a look at Street View; the big hill was only just visible and the wonky gate on the left hadn't been put there when the camera passed by in 2009.

I've realised I've used a view from the same road in this thread before, if that helps. :unsure:

Top Bottom