Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The red circle shows where the picture was taken and the red line the 'embankment'.

I was looking for the M5 but that is some distance further away.

View attachment 589512
Should have got that one. It is on the route of the Sunrise/Snowdrop Audax. Although to be fair to me, for the last few years I've done this road in the other direction.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll take this one, but offer my next one up to eager virgins... (Stop it - you know what I mean! :laugh:)

I'll give you a day or two if you need the time. After that, a clue...

Name That Road!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think i recognise it, but the place i thought it was, it wasn't :laugh: which doesn't really help me. I'll either have one of those "ah ok never been there after all moments", or will be kicking my failing recall.

BrumJim

Ok, you win the first hint - yes, it is! :laugh:
Shouldn't have said that. Google Ads now thinks that I want to buy a house by the sea.

BrumJim

Looking at the shaddows, suggests the road at this point is going East to West. However this is perpendicular to the houses high up, and would therefore guess that the coast is facing West. Which matches, as the east coast tends to be a lot flatter.

However if you look at the houses, although the general orientation is facing North West, both have substantial and decorative windows on the short side facing us, suggesting that the coast is in fact facing South West.

However still no idea. Nothing I can see on the North Devon or Cornwall coasts match this. Start looking on the South Coast?

Top Bottom