Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought I recognised it! I posted further up the hill a few months back :laugh:

Looking up Cove Hill out of Sennen Cove, Penwith - about here...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZUvxQ6UUgT3JeGff8
Well done - over to you!

Tribansman

Veteran
Thanks, it is a beautiful spot, have spent many an hour in the Old Success Inn.

Right, staying with the coastal theme. It's a street view image as I didn't stop to take a photo. Don't anticipate this taking long...

Ntr5.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I think you may be right, @Dogtrousers. My first guess was Porthcawl, which I find is quite similar, but it ain't there.

I have an image of what I believe to be the spot ready to go, but there's something I have to do first. Might be an hour or two...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have just had a total WTF moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

I live in Todmorden on the border between West Yorkshire and Lancashire. Some of you will have heard of it, many will NOT. Anyway, it is a small town, with a very unusual name. There are not many places in the world with that name, except for the town itself. If you don't believe me, search for other ones.

Anyway, back to the challenge... I was thinking that the picture above reminded me of the promenade at Lytham St Anne's, so I fired up Street view and went to take a look. This is where I was taken to... :eek:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

We are not talking about something common like 'High Street', 'Park Road', London Road' here... How many Todmorden Roads are there in the world except for the ones in Todmorden, and Lytham St Anne's?!

Tribansman

Veteran
I completely fluked this one. Based on some vague idea of being the north-ish west-ish I tried a couple of spots and based on the shadows in the spots I tried I moved down the coast a bit and pretty much landed right here - when I saw the houses I knew I'd found it.

Meols Parade, Birkenhead. Meols Parade - Google Maps
Quick work. Pretty distinctive the NW coast.

You going to stay coastal...?

figbat

Slippery scientist
Quick work. Pretty distinctive the NW coast.

You going to stay coastal...?
I'm going to move away from my locality for the next one. I've always posted ones near my stomping ground which people pick up on, so this one is not. Sadly I'm not sure I have ever ridden a route by the coast (something I should remedy) so this one is inland, although within easy reach of some spectacular coastline. This road is somewhat hidden away but the building is quite distinctive; I suspect either someone will know it immediately or it'll drag on and need clues.

1621613576652.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

And look, I can see "Colin Crescent" intersecting with it.

Or maybe it was just my imagination ... runnin' away with me.
To answer my own question... yes, there are other Todmorden Roads, but most of them are in or very near to Todmorden! (For example - the road south out of Haggate, near Burnley.)

Well done @figbat. I had headed north from LSA but of course it couldn't have been that way because there are tramlines all the way up to Fleetwood.

Tribansman

Veteran
I'm going to move away from my locality for the next one. I've always posted ones near my stomping ground which people pick up on, so this one is not. Sadly I'm not sure I have ever ridden a route by the coast (something I should remedy) so this one is inland, although within easy reach of some spectacular coastline. This road is somewhat hidden away but the building is quite distinctive; I suspect either someone will know it immediately or it'll drag on and need clues.

View attachment 589899
Yep, very distinctive.

That's Blackpool Mill in Pembrokeshire, about here (looks like an unnamed road?)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZMKC39tvsxkUGVQ29

Happy to donate my go to anyone who'd like it as probably rude to go twice in a row...

Top Bottom