Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
*Cough* - @Tribansman should be posting the next picture, since he identified the location in mine! :whistle:
Thanks Colin! I've had a busy few days so forgot to post one...so on the basis of 'you snooze, you lose' (although I bloody hate that saying!) happy for @classic33 to take up the baton...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mixenden and Mixenden reservoir (Halifax) from White Gate!

:becool:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I've away for a few days so I missed all the fun - and I still don't fully understand the bandit country/boy's rules clue.

From the clues available from the picture, I think @ColinJ's latest picture must be stage 4 of the 2019 Tour of Britain, on Bollihope Common. But I can't nail the exact spot and I could easily be wrong. :unsure:

classic33

Leg End Member
It's an L6 pylon in the background.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've away for a few days so I missed all the fun - and I still don't fully understand the bandit country/boy's rules clue.
It wasn't a brilliant clue!

It might look like a lawless spot, but the law still applied - Lad Law - the name of the summit of the hill.

Another word for 'boy' could be 'lad', so another name for 'Boy' might be 'Lad' (capitalise first letter). (Boy's Rules, not boy's rules - capitals hinting that it was the name of somewhere.) Similarly, 'Law' for 'Rules'.

From the clues available from the picture, I think @ColinJ's latest picture must be stage 4 of the 2019 Tour of Britain, on Bollihope Common. But I can't nail the exact spot and I could easily be wrong. :unsure:
You will get it very quickly now... Right race, right year, wrong KoM!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
You will get it very quickly now... Right race, right year, wrong KoM!
Not so quickly, but light dawns at last. It is the climb of Grains Bar, on Grains Road, the B6197 climbing from New Delph.

I didn't notice the wall in your picture and I had in my mind that I was looking for somewhere completely different. :banghead:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not so quickly, but light dawns at last. It is the climb of Grains Bar, on Grains Road, the B6197 climbing from New Delph.

I didn't notice the wall in your picture and I had in my mind that I was looking for somewhere completely different. :banghead:
Wall?

Top Bottom