Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brain won't let go of the notion that this is taken from the unnumbered road on the west bank of Loch Awe (not helped by the mist and bare trees in the March 2009 imagery) but the passing signs in this image are rectangular and the ones on that road are diamond-shaped.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My brain won't let go of the notion that this is taken from the unnumbered road on the west bank of Loch Awe (not helped by the mist and bare trees in the March 2009 imagery) but the passing signs in this image are rectangular and the ones on that road are diamond-shaped.
yes I saw mainly diamond shaped with the odd square one - i think the square ones are newer format - or could mean its in cornwall

swansonj

Guru
I've been looking up there. It reminded me of the little lane up to Watendlath above Derwent Water, but no joy...
I was going for one of the roads on the east side of Ullswater. I was quite excited when I found square passing place signs. Shame nothing else matches....
1626332344235.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the dying bracken and the weather in place matches better in the lakes, but the majority of the unmarked roads seem to wave stone walls at the lake side of them

i THINK @Tribansman needs to throw us a clue or two

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is Simon Warren flogging another book or summat?:okay:

The weather and season does match imagery taken in the lake district in April 2009, but after hours of searching yesterday I've not been able to find any candidates that match the road condition, the telegraph pole, and the boat/island in the distance.
OTOH I have found more candidates for places I want to cycle to :cry:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tine for @ColinJ to seek out a publisher. A lovingly presented book of climbs and cycling roads, but you have to guess/figure out where they are. You can buy the extra book with clues in too.
Don't give me ideas... :whistle:

Plot That Route! :laugh:

Almost impossible if you don't have a clue where it starts, but pretty simple with an OS map if you do...

Top Bottom