Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Hopefully, he has just been busy doing other things for a few days?

Really appreciate the concern @MontyVeda but Colin was right, just crazy busy with work and looking after Mini and Mrs T who've been a bit poorly.

Will catch up with this thread today, it's a great stress reliever and never cease to be amazed by everyone's ingenuity and detective skills! Well done Colin, good find. Absolutely loved cycling this road during a week's riding round Dumfries and Galloway

Buck

Guru
It’s the weekend ! Do we get another clue?

I’ve exhausted my potentials from the earlier clues and clearly not on the same wavelength! :wacko:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
How could I have failed to recognise it for so long? A road I've had the pleasure of riding (in 1983).
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.9...4!1sfkJDqyP9uXETJHNOL5tWSA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

For completeness, it's Locbuie Road, near Bonar Bridge.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I was staying at Invershin for a week last October and went out for loop past Lairg and Rogart and intended going south across the Dornoch Bridge, but a mile on the A9 past Loch Fleet was more than enough, so I diverted inland up a very quiet and scenic climb through oakwoods and with some lovely waterfalls. The descent into Bonar Bridge was also good fun.
But there's nothing there on which to base a clue, though Clashban in the section of bleak moorland in the middle clearly had potential.
For postbox fans the postbox is on @classic33 's list as Sleastary.

Unfortunately I have been hoist by my own petard in that I have been plagued with Clash earworms for several days.

Over to you @Aravis

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
You've set the bar so high now, @Mr Celine. I shall have to start coming up with harder clues.

I've thought of one I must get for the future. Street View images don't quite do it justice.

But for the moment I'll offer one that should be easily researchable without the need for any clues:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But for the moment I'll offer one that should be easily researchable without the need for any clues:
Yes... It took me 3 minutes to find it HERE! :okay:

I can't see a name for that road in Bricklehampton, but I knew I was on the right track as soon as I spotted that the ToB 2019 TT was in the area that you have posted pictures from before. I found a GPX file of the TT route, loaded it into Memory Map and looked for a LH bend with a no-through-road off it.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
From the intro I thought this must be something well-known like the shore of Loch Eil, and I was thinking I'd better not solve it too quickly. So much for that. :blush:

Then I thought it could be Mull, but nothing there seems anything like it. The castley thing is probably distinctive. I thought could be Eilean Donan, but the road on the other side of the loch looks nothing like the picture.

Definitely tidal water, looking more northwards than south, but really I have nothing at all.

Top Bottom