Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Possibly it was a mistake me mentioning that post, give that me liking it was right there on my activity feed :laugh:

Correctamundo. I'm surprised you didn't get it 30 seconds after I posted it, possibly with an anecdote about how you would recognise the cliffs anywhere because you were a location scout for Monarch of the Glen or something :whistle:

Your turn ^_^

I don't think I've ever even driven along that bit of the A86.
Your note about the addition of chevrons etc made me think 'single track road that's got busier recently'.
I've been all the way round the North Coast 500 on streetview in the last couple of days. :rolleyes:

I'll post the next one later. It may include red insulation tape. ^_^

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Possibly it was a mistake me mentioning that post, give that me liking it was right there on my activity feed :laugh:
Au contraire, I thought it was an excellent clue. As it turned out to be.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Rather than have people think I've been bad I've been good and have found an older one without the insulation tape.

Name that road!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why is this quote in this thread? This is a quote from the ‘What do you love about the UK’ thread. What’s it doing here? :huh:
It was used as a hint to the location of a picture...
Day 5 with no solid guesses, so time to elaborate.

It's not in Yorkshire nor in Wales.

Hint 1: If you walked just off the photo to the left you'd likely end up knee-deep in muddy water. This was part of a panorama.
Hint 2: Just over 10 hours ago someone mentioned somewhere on this forum the area in which this photo was taken.

I'm sure that narrows it down :laugh:

My brain won't let go of the notion that this is in Perthshire, particularly the valley bisected by the River Ericht (Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus, Forfar, etc) but none of the roads I thought it could be are it :sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Rather than have people think I've been bad I've been good and have found an older one without the insulation tape.
It isn't Yorkshire or Perthshire. Or
Dallas, Texas; Hollywood.

Lyrics of Tush, by ZZ Top

I said, Lord, take me downtown
I'm just lookin' for some tush
I been bad, I been good
Dallas, Texas, Hollywood

I ain't askin' for much
Take me back, way back home
Not by myself, not alone
I ain't askin' for much

Still no idea where it is.

Mr Celine

Discordian

Location (and clues obv) in tribute to Dusty Hill of ZZ Top who died last week. If you're looking for some tush, put 'tush' into the Googlemaps search box -Tushielaw Inn comes up first or second.

BTW I can't recommend the Tushielaw Inn as its run by the grumpiest barsteward ever. He tries to entice cyclists by leaving a BSO on the wall in front, but moans at anyone wearing cleats.

Over to you @Dogtrousers .

Top Bottom