Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah - I guessed that was where it was. I was going to go and look on Street View before spotting page 211 with your answer on it. Well done!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Even if it wasn't sort of famous from a cycling point of view, there is the stadium and the windfarm (if you look close enough) to give it away.

I don't have a lot of photos.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thanks @Dogtrousers - that was fairly straightforward after the ride the other Friday.

Have got a particular landmark in mind for my next pic. Haven't got my own photo so will post a pic from streetview (when I find it!).

lazybloke

Okay, couldn't find the right pic on Streetview so here's something nearby.
1627944695982.png

Name that road!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Location (and clues obv) in tribute to Dusty Hill of ZZ Top who died last week. If you're looking for some tush, put 'tush' into the Googlemaps search box -Tushielaw Inn comes up first or second.

BTW I can't recommend the Tushielaw Inn as its run by the grumpiest barsteward ever. He tries to entice cyclists by leaving a BSO on the wall in front, but moans at anyone wearing cleats.

Over to you @Dogtrousers .
Goddamit we stayed there three weeks ago and I actually cycled down that bit if road to get away from the midges as we were about to set off for Perth.
Conversely we found Rab the owner to be very pleasant. Maybe we caught him on a good day. Kippers and haggis for breakfast 👌

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Location (and clues obv) in tribute to Dusty Hill of ZZ Top who died last week. If you're looking for some tush, put 'tush' into the Googlemaps search box -Tushielaw Inn comes up first or second.

BTW I can't recommend the Tushielaw Inn as its run by the grumpiest barsteward ever. He tries to entice cyclists by leaving a BSO on the wall in front, but moans at anyone wearing cleats.

Over to you @Dogtrousers .
Never let it be said the Mr Celine gives much away - the pub wasn't even visible in his photo:laugh::laugh:.. he'd make an excellent spy, even under torture he'd never crack

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Somebody should get that VERY quickly!
looks vaguely familiar but can't place it

lazybloke

Yes, didn't think it would need clues, but well done to @nickyboy for recognising the building & road, and thanks to @classic33 for the link.

I'd actually been looking for a view of Christ's Hospital school as seen from the Downslink as it wiggles past Itchingfield. The school probably would have been very distinctive too, although I was thinking of a particular view with just the tower poking above the treeline. Sometimes streetview just doesn't give what you want.

Top Bottom