Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Bingo @Buck . And here's a bonus photo of the same....

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Near the Logierait Inn that's on the A827

Damn beaten to it. Rode over it August 12th 2014 on a section of E2E.
That is @I like Skol doing the same about three weeks ago

Beaten to it. I'd have recognised the Logierait bridge anywhere, as I routed the CC Ecosse brigade across it on our trip to Inverness. I was worried that the chicken wire would take out some tyres, but everyone got across in one piece. The sharp climb immediately after crossing the A827 caught a few people out, though :whistle:

Buck

Guru
It is - Well done! I thought that one might have lasted a little longer.

We'd just climbed out of Denby up Park Bank - we were lucky to have the weather that we did and a fantastic ride as well.

Over to you @T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It is - Well done! I thought that one might have lasted a little longer.

We'd just climbed out of Denby up Park Bank - we were lucky to have the weather that we did and a fantastic ride as well.

Over to you @T4tomo
It might have done if I wasn't so familiar with that view. :okay: My great uncle used to have the farm up there and his son still does and my Gran was raised at the Lealholm end of the road, and a drive along Oakley Wall was always a request if taking her for drive out.

classic33

Leg End Member

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ok so next clue, and the angle I was looking for but couldn't find originally, it has a friend very close by (same village / hamlet/ named location) (the one on the right is the one in the original image) and is no longer used, ex USAF radio, and now under MOD control.

There are also another pair within 2 miles, although these pair are only shown as one on an OS map.
1628163451686.png

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ok so next clue, and the angle I was looking for but couldn't find originally, it has a friend very close by (same village / hamlet/ named location) (the one on the right is the one in the original image) and is no longer used, ex USAF radio, and now under MOD control.

There are also another pair within 2 miles, although these pair are only shown as one on an OS map.
View attachment 602781

I will take a punt from the images above that the road is the road from Royston to Barkway since they also satisfy your clue. Can’t find exact place but do have an image showing the pair.

Top Bottom