Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Hmmm. You say there is a road, is that muddy track a roman road? King Street, maybe, looking over to Warrington?
There is a road if you zoom in, a proper road with traffic on it, you may have to save the pic to view on a bigger screen. I don't think this pic complies with the rules :blush:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Should be easy enough if you have been there.

Venod

Eh up
Ok this is another view from the same place of the earlier pic, the road is clearly visable on this one.

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
If you mean where is the road, its straight up above the bike seat the white specs is traffic you might have to zoom in.
Hi @Venod , going to give us the answer so we can revive this thread?

Please?

Venod

Eh up
Hi @Venod , going to give us the answer so we can revive this thread?

Please?
Ok the city in the background is Leeds in the second pic the large house is Temple Newsam, the road is the M1, picture taken from the top of Rothwell country park, it was a bit difficult if you don't know the area, but Leeds skyline was a clue.

robjh

Legendary Member

Venod

Eh up
I went back and checked what 'rules' I had proposed when I started the thread. I expressed a preference for photos taken on rides of scenic country roads with identifiable features so oddly-painted cottages on lanes are definitely 'in' and motorway bridges photographed from motorways are definitely 'out'! :laugh:

Rain-soaked gutters on boring town roads are just about in, but a bit bloody depressing at this time of year! Hasn't anybody got some photos of glorious hairpin bends on magnificent climbs, that kind of thing?

Meanwhile I will post 'before' and 'after' photos of the same road... I will tell you later what was going on, and the extra significance of it!

Before (strictly 'during', but I don't have a 'before' picture!):
View attachment 500924

After:
View attachment 500923
Is it Scout Road Mytholmroyd ? landslip caused by Boxing Day Floods.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I think I have Colins post correct so I presume I get to post another, so without waiting for Colins confirmation (I will delete if my answers wrong) here is another, a bit easier than my last.

Top Bottom