Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
The road to Kettlewell...?
Correct it's looking down Coverdale towards Kettlewell the riders will have come up Park Rash, last years TDY.

Your turn.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Here ya go...

DSC06699.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it Scout Road Mytholmroyd ? landslip caused by Boxing Day Floods.
It is.

It is bad enough that the a huge section of the hillside slipped down onto the road. What made it worse is that there is an asbestos dump in the woods above that hillside and there was the danger of that being exposed as the soil on top of it started to be washed away! :eek:

I was away visiting family in the Midlands when the storm causing those floods hit the area. It was clearly a severe event. Not only did it wash away the hillside on the south side of the valley and flood the valley itself, it also washed away part of Midgley Rd on the north side of the valley! I have some pictures of that somewhere... Here you go:

gley-road-boxing-day-2015-flood-damage-closure-jpg.jpg

ok-who-stole-my-retaining-wall-jpg.jpg

midgley-road-boxing-day-2015-flood-damage-jpg.jpg

-----------------

I recognised the view from Park Rash. I have only ridden up there once, but it is a very distinctive view!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I thought initially of Hackpen Hill south of Swindon, but the trees and the curve of the road are wrong. But yeah, same sort of area.
Bullseye! :smile: A long lens can be rather fun with how it plays with perception.

Your go!

Top Bottom