Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
You'll have to wait for me to be on my own computer this evening before I can find one to post. I'm on the work laptop at the moment.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
And the baldy git by the telegraph pole slouching along the road with his hands in his pockets is none other than yours truly. :becool:
I only found that a couple of years ago and cannot remember seeing the Google car!

Over to you @Alex321
most peeps on street view seem to be glaring directly at the Google car... you're clearly in a world of your own. :okay:

I've seen the google car twice now but am yet to see myself on street view :sad:

so that'll be one:nil to you. :notworthy:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Thomas the Rhymer
Earlston? Is that getting warm?

I think you gave the game away Shep. I was going to reply that Earlston is only one of many places mentioned in the 79 verses of The Ballad of Thomas the Rhymer but by the time I'd counted them Alex123 had got the answer. ^_^

most peeps on street view seem to be glaring directly at the Google car... you're clearly in a world of your own. :okay:
I appear to be away with the fairies. Just like Thomas the Rhymer, who spent seven years in Elfland.:laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
I think you gave the game away Shep. I was going to reply that Earlston is only one of many places mentioned in the 79 verses of The Ballad of Thomas the Rhymer but by the time I'd counted them Alex123 had got the answer. ^_^

Well Earlston is the place he supposedly came from, so would very much be the first place to look.

Some of the places mentioned might be tricky to find - such as Elfland :tongue:

Alex321

Veteran
Ok, here is another one from me.

I don't know what I;m going to come up with for clues though.

GP010140.MP4_snapshot_13.55_[2021.09.17_21.07.32].jpg

Alex321

Veteran
From the growth patterns of the roadside moss I deduce that the picture was taken in about a NNE direction ;)
That's about right :smile:

Alex321

Veteran
Top Bottom