Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Evening all. I do have a fracture and am feeling pretty rotten so going to rest up. Don't feel like poring through images so will donate my turn to one of @ColinJ @All uphill @Alex321 , probably Alex to be fair as he got the road about a minute after me...?
Get well soon fella

Alex321

Veteran
Ok, try this one
GP010134.MP4_snapshot_16.43_[2021.10.16_21.39.18].jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So, you post a misleading 'ducks crossing' sign when you know damn well that there was no such sign when the Street View car last visited... Did you REALLY think that would will foil the mighty CycleChat road ID collective...?

PAH - think again! :okay:

I think it is HERE in Llysworney.

Alex321

Veteran
So, you post a misleading 'ducks crossing' sign when you know damn well that there was no such sign when the Street View car last visited... Did you REALLY think that would will foil the mighty CycleChat road ID collective...?

PAH - think again! :okay:

I think it is HERE in Llysworney.

View attachment 614051
Quite correct - apart from the fact I hadn't actually checked streetview for the Ducks Crossing sign.

Well done - your turn.

I really need to get away from home though. All my pictures are from much too small an area.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

At the risk of spoiling my reputation as an expert in recognising obscure Welsh roads... I cheated!

I searched the forum for you mentioning 'Ducks crossing' and found this...

I needed to call in Specsavers Cowbridge today, to pick up new contact lenses, so decided to do one of my shorter regular routes in reverse.
https://www.strava.com/activities/5965145897
View attachment 609351

Headed into Cowbridge on the A4222, stopped on te high street for the lenses, then continued on, turning left up Llantwit Major Road, past Clare "Garden Village" development.
Up towards the Cross Inn, then turn right towards Llysworney. At Llytsworney, dropped down past the "ducks crossing sign, and out to Colwinston.
From Colwinston, out to the A48, turn left to the top of Crack hill, then Right, and down the hill towards Langan.
After Langan, turn Left by the School, then right at the top, head down through the woods and out towards City.
Turn Right in City, through Llansannor, up the hill to the farm, turn right down the hill, then left past the stables and back hoje past the church.

Didn't stop for photos, and didn't even have the GoPro on today.
:laugh:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ok, here is my next one...

I will give you a clue straight away... The driver of the vehicle second nearest to us realised that he was a little high and decided that he should take a rest. He laughed when he realised where he was parked! :whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Ok, here is my next one...

View attachment 614107

I will give you a clue straight away... The driver of the vehicle second nearest to us realised that he was a little high and decided that he should take a rest. He laughed when he realised where he was parked! :whistle:
Black Hill Lane, nr Keithley? (link ..photo coming soon)

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks Colin. My quickest yet, but certainly not the quickest. We should have a leader board for the winning times.

After a very busy three days at Lancaster Music Festival, and working when I've not been watching countless live acts, and having to get up at 4.45am... I'll post a road tomorrow afternoon. :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

In the meantime, @ColinJ can you explain the clue?

I only come here for the clues
They weren't great clues, but Monty found the road very quickly, so they must have helped!

The stone is typical of round here, so search rural locations in (say) a 30 km radius of Todmorden for a water feature with a small roadside car park and a nearby t-junction. (It is actually 20 km from here.)

The driver got a little high... The location is quite high but not super high - the elevation of the road is in fact about 290 m above sea level.

Second vehicle from us is a red car. It is parked at Red Car tarn.

Top Bottom