Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Although we have plenty of climbs like that in the Peak District, it isn't a Peak District climb...unless it's a weird one in the far south PD that I never get to.
I suspect its further North. looks like a valley running N or NW to S / SE, quite steep sides obviously and distinctive stone, Pennines somewhere I think, Y Dales or N Pennines, fairly high altitude but not unduly so. Looks instantly recognisable if someone has cycled it, although that isn't always the case on here!

Its like mirror image and smaller scale UK version of gorge de nesque nr Mt Ventoux

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I was looking for places which were anagrams of engine :smile:
One thing I learnt from this thread is that it's all too easy to leave false clues. :blush: But having said that, I don't think a setter would italicise the anagram indicator word.

I recognised the Tissington one immediately, having nervously driven through the ford with a diesel-engined car some years ago. I have some potentially good ones but they'll take time (which I don't have today) to extract and I've had plenty of goes already.

Searching for "bent ford" leads to this excellent picture (there's a stern copyright warning on this site so I haven't copied the image):

https://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk/tissington01big.html

The cyclist in the latest picture could be a pilgrim to the demon Ba'al.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One thing I learnt from this thread is that it's all too easy to leave false clues. :blush: But having said that, I don't think a setter would italicise the anagram indicator word.

I recognised the Tissington one immediately, having nervously driven through the ford with a diesel-engined car some years ago. I have some potentially good ones but they'll take time (which I don't have today) to extract and I've had plenty of goes already.

Searching for "bent ford" leads to this excellent picture (there's a stern copyright warning on this site so I haven't copied the image):

https://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk/tissington01big.html

The cyclist in the latest picture could be a pilgrim to the demon Ba'al.
I thought it looked Welsh!

I am just getting up and someone else will get it before I return from my late breakfast.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
B4391 near Bala. I was last there about 30 years ago, but I recognised it immediately; very distinctive. An amazing view coming the other way.

View attachment 614221 https://goo.gl/maps/rR3biL3YeT527WBXA

'tis an awesome road. Here's that view the other way, taken during a puncture stop

Your turn.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thanks @roubaixtuesday.
Awesome indeed.

The really bizarre thing is I had this exact road lined up for my next go; I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your photo!
Back to the drawing board to find a different photo. Will post a bit later.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Okay, I've opted for an easy one.

in a slight relaxation of rules I'm not bothered about the road, more a case of you lot identifying that the building is (whilst I dream of being there).

1634650603230.png

Name that road er establishment!

Top Bottom