Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Up above the viaduct near Monsal Head Hotel
England - Google Maps

I thought it would go quickly.

An insane (by my standards at least) evening ride feat 100km and 2000m climbing. Still can't believe it really happened!

Your turn.

[Edit: the view the other way. Happy days!]

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
stunning views, ice-cream van and beer. that is a top location!:okay::laugh:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
That was quick! No longer an operational helicopter base, sadly. It is in fact on the on-road diversion of NCN 1, the 'off road' route takes you along the coast between Craster and Boulmer.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An insane (by my standards at least) evening ride feat 100km and 2000m climbing. Still can't believe it really happened!
100 km rides with 2,000 m of climbing are fairly typical round here. Being able to tackle one in an evening certainly would NOT be... (Unless you are one of those people who thinks that 'evening' starts at 15:00 and/or would still be riding after sunset!)

It looks very nice. I must make more of an effort to head down there.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm not convinced DL14? is an answer. Is that a clue or a guess or possibly a postcode area???

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well done that man. in Road terms pretty much on a road to nowhere, but a busy spot thanks to both The Cleveland Way walking path and The Cinder Track (Beeching axed line from Whitby to Scarborough) whose platform you can see in the background, passing by.

oh and some goats in 2009!!
1634732019897.png

Top Bottom