Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Well I'm totally confident on this one.

Confident that I have no idea.

The columns on the house seem to be the most recognisable feature, along with the lovely stonework.

I'm going to make a guess that this is near Bath. Am I warm?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well I'm totally confident on this one.

Confident that I have no idea.

The columns on the house seem to be the most recognisable feature, along with the lovely stonework.

I'm going to make a guess that this is near Bath. Am I warm?
I don't know about a warm Bath, more of a cold shower! :laugh:

Are you still trying to answer the previous one, or is there a small house in the current picture that I have not spotted? :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Either the road narrows under those trees, or it drops away. Both good reasons for the passing point, cleart signed. The wall on the right is a new build and not sympathetic to the area, the stone isn't from the area.

Yeadon-Otley sprang to mind.

Has it changed since March 2016?

Not that I'm aware of.

EDIT: I just checked on google maps, and the images are the same going back to 2009. I was there relatively recently (this year), and it still looks as it did then.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Either the road narrows under those trees, or it drops away. Both good reasons for the passing point, cleart signed. The wall on the right is a new build and not sympathetic to the area, the stone isn't from the area.

Yeadon-Otley sprang to mind.
And the curvature of the entrance on the right is interesting. Non-local stone suggests someone has paid a chunk of cash for the wall and the entrance is very wide and properly tarmacced. Something like a caravan park?

classic33

Leg End Member
And the curvature of the entrance on the right is interesting. Non-local stone suggests someone has paid a chunk of cash for the wall and the entrance is very wide and properly tarmacced. Something like a caravan park?
There's a left-hand bend, sign on the outside, after the trees start. Giving better access to the road on the left than the right. Which might explain the wide entrance.

Top Bottom