Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Mad March Hare?
part right, no-one has the right rodent yet

somewhere in the region of Flamingoland maybe, judging by @T4tomo's Whitby avatar??
T4tomo hasn't lived near Whitby for 30 years, its far south of Whitby

Crazy rodent could be an anagram of rodent. Eton Rd?
not an anagram

I've been looking for a village green with a pond with an island, but that hasn't helped.
no island, just a bit of weed and camera angle I think

better shot of bell tower...it is magnificent
1635841490335.png

when I first took the other half thru this village and then went downhill to a local landmark, it blew her mind.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
part right, no-one has the right rodent yet

T4tomo hasn't lived near Whitby for 30 years, its far south of Whitby

not an anagram

no island, just a bit of weed and camera angle I think

better shot of bell tower...it is magnificent
View attachment 616044

when I first took the other half thru this village and then went downhill to a local landmark, it blew her mind.
Pretty sure I've seen that during an image search!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
There's a Mad Squirrel brewery near St Albans Hemel / Berko

I thought that would get you it!

was a reference to descending to the Top of the World pub, when she had always thought that Pub was at the top of the hill. Didn't need to reference Karen Carpenter! I don't recommend a visit to the TofW, if you do wipe your shoes on the way out.

The Martin's Pond Pub by the green and pond is a much better bet. The Mad Squirrel Brewery mobile bar is always a welcome sight at the end of the Hemel Hillbuster ride.

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Here you are. You must either have arrived or departed on Sundridge Road:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...b4140c1576e9b37a!8m2!3d51.2462393!4d0.1274814

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Over the last few days I've been scanning some strips of negatives from 1965. Getting the images in chronological order is really helpful in finding the locations, and since many years later I rode many of the same roads now I have an embarrassment of riches.

Where to start? Lets try this one:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Over the last few days I've been scanning some strips of negatives from 1965. Getting the images in chronological order is really helpful in finding the locations, and since many years later I rode many of the same roads now I have an embarrassment of riches.

Where to start? Lets try this one:

View attachment 616069
I suspect that is a pipe related to hydro power in scotland somewhere

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ah I've ridden over Toys Hill both ways on previous occasions, but not through the lower Ide hill:okay:
There's a nice cafe there. But if you're heading north and fancy giving the steep side of Toys a miss, and think going up Ide Hill will be easy, it's not.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Puts classification pedant's hat on: Shrews are insectivores, not rodents.

And not particularly crazy.
For additional pedantry, the Insectivora classification of animals has been abandoned. "Insectivore" is a description of diet, not a classification of animal, and includes insects, mammals and even plants. Sure enough though, shrews are related to moles and hedgehogs rather than rats and mice.

To the topic - is it a road? In a place? :whistle:

Top Bottom