Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
To the topic - is it a road? In a place? :whistle:
You're referring to the latest picture? Yes, it's 100% a proper road, but not particularly near a settlement of any kind. @T4tomo has made a good start.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
It's clearly visible on the latest streetview images, but it doesn't stand out quite like it used to. This seems to be fairly typical:

I get the feeling you may be waiting for another proclamation, one that might indicate which well-known route this is on?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It's clearly visible on the latest streetview images, but it doesn't stand out quite like it used to. This seems to be fairly typical:

View attachment 616101

I get the feeling you may be waiting for another proclamation, one that might indicate which well-known route this is on?
I thought I'd found it in a letter, but lots of places but no routes as such, and not much in those places to lead me to a pipeline, bar one but cant find it there? i must be humming the wrong tune?

Last edited:

slow scot

Veteran
Not easy to place this, but is it the road down to the Tummel Bridge power station?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
By referencing the Proclaimers, I was trying to hint at the number 500 - just as well I didn't try to use the Roman numeral!

So this is on NC500, and therefore on a through road. The vegetation has changed, softening the visual impact of the pipe but it remains clearly visible. The road appears to be unimproved.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
By referencing the Proclaimers, I was trying to hint at the number 500 - just as well I didn't try to use the Roman numeral!

So this is on NC500, and therefore on a through road. The vegetation has changed, softening the visual impact of the pipe but it remains clearly visible. The road appears to be unimproved.
i was humming the wrong tune, I was on letter from america and thinking of Lochaber which has a hydro scheme:laugh:
Bathgate no more
Linwood no more
Methil no more
Lochaber no more.

Top Bottom