Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
While waiting for inspiration, you can always try to figure out the spoon clue from a few days ago. Surely someone knows their US presidents?

Mr Celine

Discordian
While waiting for inspiration, you can always try to figure out the spoon clue from a few days ago. Surely someone knows their US presidents?
There was a president Millard Fillmore. Which relates to your M'Lard clue.
But I don't get the spoon reference, or the connection between the president and the location.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There was a president Millard Fillmore. Which relates to your M'Lard clue.
But I don't get the spoon reference, or the connection between the president and the location.
No, me neither. The m'lard and the spoon stuff didn't make much sense to me even in retrospect. But it was solved eventually...

Flagpoles and giant rats or alpacas ho!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Dogtrousers has one big clue correct and im sure there are a number of villages with one. A look at the traditional building should narrow it down to one area of the country.
it’s not a dry stane wall :laugh:
Seems to have something unusual about the ridge of the roof. A drying house of some sort?

classic33

Leg End Member
Are we in the final furlong?

OldShep

Über Member
Looks like you’re going to need some help. More might have cycled the higher reaches of this dale than this point.
if I’d stopped the camera further back on the road there would be something else distinctive on the green which wasn’t there in my childhood days. It would have also revealed the rest of the sign for all to see.
I used to cycle there summer evenings to swim in the river and a bridge downstream has a connection with a Spitfire. The bridge upstream was a useful connection for anyone riding the LEL route.
Mr Celine revealed to us recently his knowledge on wall building. The answer is in moving tonnes of stones to get the result.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Here you go, Ovington

Only because of the last bridge clues

13FB5EF2-3E84-46C9-A1E3-C6E368EAB7C4.jpeg

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ah ha well done.

I had done a trip around various maypoles of the UK...
Offenham
Welford on Avon
Barwick-in Emlet
Nun monkton
Wellow
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom