Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
It reminds me of a detour I once took in Northants. I see hedges, hay bales and quintessential English countryside.

Venod

Eh up
Is it the B4347 somewhere round here.

1588581708754.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
OK its the road from Cockyard up to the B4348 picture took looking North West ?
Yep, that's right. Strictly speaking I was looking from the Golden Valley's little neighbour, the Grey Valley. The eastern edge of the Black Mountains is visible, home to the famous Gospel Pass, but the Golden Valley is more my cup of tea these days. Others may have a different point of view!

Over to you.

Venod

Eh up
Yep, that's right. Strictly speaking I was looking from the Golden Valley's little neighbour, the Grey Valley. The eastern edge of the Black Mountains is visible, home to the famous Gospel Pass, but the Golden Valley is more my cup of tea these days. Others may have a different point of view!

Over to you.

I wouldn't have got it without your colour feature clue, looks a nice area, I have never cycled down that way.

I will post a pic of a road I have ridden, but it will be from Streetview.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am beginning to think that Streetview is going to be the default way of sourcing the pictures. I reckon I take photos on only about 5% of my rides even though I cycle in some lovely places.

Still, I will make an effort to take more photos once things get back to normal and I start doing long rides again.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It took me a while to find it, but the distinctive 'finger' of land pointing into the reservoir and the steep descent past the buildings gave it away! (It looked like it might be the Dales but there are hardly any reservoirs there (limestone leaks!) so I looked south to West Yorkshire and north to Teesdale.)

That is an area on my post-virus to-do list.

I'll post my next road later...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Here is my next one. I had to paint out the name of the road. I have a good clue for it which I will give in a couple of days if nobody recognises the road (or can find it on a map).

Top Bottom